I know it sounds odd but i need to downgrade. I have uninstalled 4.5 from my cpu and reinstalled 4.3 desktop software. For some reason this isnt working. When i click load applications the only app i have is facebook and thats the only thing listed on the list! Am i doing something wrong?? My phone keeps going from 5 bars to none all day long. This is a brand new phone. Verizon replaced it for me on friday because my other was doing same thing. I know this is long but i need help.

Thanks

Eric
    10-12-08 01:16 PM
    I suspect you have accidentally recreated your Vendor.xml file, that would explain why you can no longer find the update. Try removing it first with Windows / Computer. Select Drive C: and navigate to:

C:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader. Scroll to the bottom and delete Vendor.xml, again.

Rolling back is simple, particularly if you have already installed the original OS on your computer.

Check it with Windows / Control Panel / Programs. If you have both installed, remove the v4.5xx and start BlackBerry Desktop Manager / Applications Loader. The roll back will be automatic.

If you don't have it installed, you can get a copy through your carriers link to BlackBerry Support.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    10-12-08 02:36 PM
    Now i think i have figured it all out but now my Desktop Mgr. will not recognize my phone. Its connected b/c it shows up on the hardware list on my cpu. I have no idea what the heck is going on!!
    10-12-08 03:06 PM
    Any ideas why the DM isnt recognizeing my phone?
    10-12-08 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD