I have mail forward to my blackberry curve and from people that have gmail i get double of the same message in my e mail folder. this does not happen with other addresses. what can i do
    08-15-09 08:28 PM
    That is a bit annoying. I have 3 gmail addy's and they all do it. Setup a filter on the website that you register your email addy's on to NOT forward emails from yourself.
    08-15-09 08:35 PM
    That is a bit annoying. I have 3 gmail addy's and they all do it. Setup a filter on the website that you register your email addy's on to NOT forward emails from yourself.
    what is an addy? My son sends me mail to a gmail account. and i have it forwarded to my yahoo mail account. i want to get it forwarded, but not two of each of them. still not sure what todo
    08-15-09 08:42 PM
    what is an addy? My son sends me mail to a gmail account. and i have it forwarded to my yahoo mail account. i want to get it forwarded, but not two of each of them. still not sure what todo
    Sorry, an addy is internet slang for address like an email addy or a snail mail addy (address). When you added your gmail account to your Blackberry, where did you do it from, the Blackberry or your carrier's website? To add a filter you will need to login to your carrier's Blackberry Internet Service website. Every carrier has a site were Blackberry users can add and maintain thier email address from. If you aren't sure were you would need to go, you will want to contact your carrier's PDA division and ask. Once you get there, you select the email address that you need the filter on (ie your gmail) and setup a filter NOT forward emails that you recieve from that email. In essence you blocking emails coming from yourself.

Addition: I just looked at your profile and it looks like you are on AT&T? This is thier BIS site: BlackBerry Internet Service
    Last edited by blkbryadict; 08-15-09 at 08:56 PM.
    08-15-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD