I'm a new blackberry user and I just wanted to make sure it isn't a neccessary application on my phone so that I don't crash my phone if I were to delete it. I don't use BBMaps as I use GoogleMaps instead. Do I need to keep BBMaps on my phone? If not then, just remove it from Advanced Options > Applications.. right?

Thanks for any help!
    05-13-08 09:29 AM
    You got it. The phone will almost certainly reboot after you remove the application and the time it takes to do this can be scary. Don't worry, it will come back.

You can also use Desktop Manager and its Application Loader to do the same thing.
    05-13-08 09:32 AM
    Thanks for letting me know it is safe!
    05-13-08 09:43 AM
    Did it work? There are quite a few apps I'd like to get rid of (BB Messenger for one).
    Before I do that, will I be able to reload them in the future?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I just got my pearl Tuesday.
    05-16-08 09:39 AM
    Removing App via Options, Advanced Options, Applications is one of the three ways of removing an application from your phone.

The other two are by a). Using Desktop Manager's Application Loader and b). by re-installing your phone's Operating System which removes everything and also requires Desktop Manager.

I personally I prefer to keep my applications on my PC and to use DM to add or remove them.
    05-16-08 09:51 AM
    Lmaoooooooo!!!! Thts funny!!!!
    AngryEdmontonian likes this.
    04-08-13 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD