I have two things about my blackberry I don't under stand. First I have a 8330 on the sprint network.

1. why do i get a text message every time I get a voice mail. I think this is dumb. I did not get this on my treo palm. This means I have to delete this text message every time I get a Voice mail. I Though that having a smart phone was to help you do less not more.

2. Why does miss call in up in my message box . I think this is dumb also. Why have a call log if you are going to put this in your message box. plus if you delete the miss call from your message box it also delete it from your call log. So this way you loss it for good. Is it to much to asked just to have messages in your message box ?

Unfortunately I had my blackberry more that 30 days so I can take it back. I used to have a palm treo. This phone is great in some ways but driving me nuts in other ways. I hope someone can help me on this as I am new to blackberry.
    Thanks
    03-06-09 06:03 AM
    You cant stop the text for a VM, thats a carrier thing. Its not THAT hard to delete the text out.

To stop call logging (re: your number 2) go to the call icon, options, call logging - change to none.
    03-06-09 06:07 AM
    Both of these are easy to solve.
    1. When someone leaves a voicemail your phone should give you a small pop up box that says you got one. Under that are two options 'Save' or 'OK' buttons. If you keep hitting save then it will go to your inbox for 'Messages'. Quit hitting save. Just hit OK. You will still have the New Voicemail icon on your phone.
    2. Hit the 'Talk' button from your homescreen. Go to Options > Call Logging > now just select NONE.

Problems solved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 06:08 AM
    The pop up only appears on GSM phones, like my tmobile one did, now with CDMA (sprint, verizon) you get the text instead.
    03-06-09 06:09 AM
    Thanks to both of you for your quick respond. This helps me with the two problems I was having. I have fix the call log thats helps a lot. But the text message on voice mail is just dumb. Why have a voice mail Icon and text message too. I know it is a CDMA thing but what engineer would set something like this up. But then again I am talking about a engineer. Maybe next time I will look at GSM. Again thanks for the help.
    Last edited by appliancemedic; 03-06-09 at 06:32 AM.
    03-06-09 06:29 AM
    Gotcha Rach

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 06:30 AM
    Coming from a GSM to a CDMA, I dont think I could ever have a GSM phone LOL many many reasons why, Id rather have a ton more memory than a pop up vs a text msg
    03-06-09 06:44 AM
    Rachel I would have to agree I do like the speed of my CDMA phone verse GSM. My stepson Blackberry on att is not as fast as my sprint.
    03-06-09 06:56 AM
    Right, I came from tmobile to sprint last week, we have noticed a difference in speed too, its good.. we switched because we have to move to WI, and tmobile only roams in the city we are moving too, but we got a great plan with sprint, and its actually cheaper than tmo also with 500 more mins a month.
    03-06-09 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD