The 9300 trackpad seems to be a little bit elevated not like the 9700 or the 8520 where the trackpad is smooth and flat.....

That little curve makes it stick at times and you have to rub your fingers a few times over it till it responds well unless you place a piece of cloth over it..

Did anyone notice this glitch?

This made me not go for the 9300 after having owned it for a day and hating the trackpad
    11-15-10 04:24 AM
    I only have that problem using the web browser on os6 and it only happens when I'm loading a page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 02:16 PM
    Hmmm, at the time when I bought it, OS 6 wasn't even out there, I opened the box, started it, and the trackpad was like stuck, it wouldn't move, I thought it had like a plastic sticker on it or something but it didn't. Only after 10 minutes did it start to move a little bit but was very jerky. On the other hand, when I placed a cloth or a tissue paper over it, it was smooth......returned that phone immediately, the shop keeper was actually crazy enough to tell me we'll send it for repairs sir! I'm like, no buddy! I ain't sendin' my brand new phone for repairs. Give me my money back!
    11-15-10 03:09 PM
    My BB9300 also has this problem. I upgraded to OS6 but it does not fix the problem.

11-20-10 09:51 PM
    Comeing from the 8520, I find the trackpad better on the 9300. Maybe I got a good one, but no issues.

Just a question, some phones are made in different countries, lets see if there is a coralation. Mine is fine, and My 9300 was made in Mexico.
    Last edited by RWWackoStu; 11-21-10 at 09:34 PM.
    11-20-10 10:14 PM
    Had the same problem after switching from verizon to sprint.....took my phone back and they replaced the phone.

11-21-10 08:07 PM
    I used to have the same problem before upgrading to os6, and when did have it on os 5 it was only while browsing the internet.
    11-22-10 04:36 PM
    the trackpad on my 9300 has no problems. the problem lies in my hands texture. sometimes its dry, sometimes its moist, depends on the temperature. but it works perfectly for me
    11-22-10 09:20 PM
    the trackpad on my 9300 has no problems. the problem lies in my hands texture. sometimes its dry, sometimes its moist, depends on the temperature. but it works perfectly for me
    I never have that problem on my 8520 and 9700 no matter how moist or damp my fingers were
    11-24-10 12:50 PM
    The 9300 trackpad seems to be a little bit elevated not like the 9700 or the 8520 where the trackpad is smooth and flat.....

That little curve makes it stick at times and you have to rub your fingers a few times over it till it responds well unless you place a piece of cloth over it..

This made me not go for the 9300 after having owned it for a day and hating the trackpad
    Got mine a month ago it works flawlessly for me

11-24-10 01:03 PM
    Comeing from the 8520, I find the trackpad better on the 9300. Maybe I got a good one, but no issues.

Just a question, some phones are made in different countries, lets see if there is a coralation. Mine is fine, and My 9300 was made in Mexico.
    You're spot on with that, products in general, auto parts etc are of a much higher quality from Mexico than China.

11-24-10 01:07 PM
    You're spot on with that, products in general, auto parts etc are of a much higher quality from Mexico than China.

I just checked, mine was made in Mexico also.

11-24-10 01:10 PM
    What I noticed from being in the 8520/30 forum previously is that 8520's were made in in Mexico and 8530's were made in China. 8530's had way more issues (non-OS related) then 8520's. Im wondering if that is happening here. Where is your 9330 made CDMA people?
    11-24-10 01:16 PM

I agree 100%. I own a 9700 for 1 year now and i love it. I just got a 9300 from my work and it sucks. The screen resolution is a joke and it makes it useless to do any work email on it. It is 240 x something which is even lower than the 3 year old BB i had from work.

and the other problem is the elevated trackpad. it makes the movement jittery and it is very annoying. i find myself wanting to throw away this thing after 2 mins of use. whereas i can go hours on my 9700 with no issues.

what a shame. you have to own a 9700 to know and feel the difference. it like driving a BMW vs a Kia!
    01-15-11 04:19 PM
    My 9300 works flawlessly, my 9300 was made in Hungary. (I'm with T-Mobile UK)
    01-15-11 05:18 PM
    Its just all about getting used to it

01-15-11 07:18 PM
    I had the same issue and I took it to Verizon they did a hard reset and still didn't fix it so i got a new phone and trackball works fine... I think it was just the phone but I didn't want to put up with it.. :-)
    02-06-11 02:39 PM
    i had my blackberry for over a year. About maybe 8-9 months ago when i scrolled up with the trackpad it would scroll down abit and i would have to scroll harder for it to go up. Then about 4 months ago the trackpad would freeze and i had to rub iut for a while to make it work again. Then about 2 months ago the trackpad stopped responding and i can even select anything when i press down on the trackpad. I stpped using my blackberry and got it unlocked and used a different phone. for about a month(i eventually lost it) IU then found my blackberry 4 days ago and the trackpad was working for 2 days and now it stopped working again i can wait to get a new phone.
    01-04-13 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD