my trackball got stuck so i researched what to do. i found a tutorial to take the trackball out and clean it so i did but now the yellow little housing thing won't stay on it and neither will the silver ring that goes above the yellow thing. so no the trackball itself in it's little square thing keeps falling out because they'res nothing holding it.

what should i do?
    08-20-09 06:29 AM
    my trackball got stuck so i researched what to do. i found a tutorial to take the trackball out and clean it so i did but now the yellow little housing thing won't stay on it and neither will the silver ring that goes above the yellow thing. so no the trackball itself in it's little square thing keeps falling out because they'res nothing holding it.

what should i do?
    Did any of the little 3 prongs break? Its easier to put on with the housing faceplate off
    08-20-09 06:32 AM
    i'm pretty sure everythings fine but the yellow housing will not stay on so maybe it was put together with some adhesive or something?

the ball with its little home sits in just fine but the top yellow circle thing and the metallic circle thing that goes over it won't stay on.

i was thinking superglue :/

because i took it off i don't know if i could use the insurance..
    08-20-09 06:44 AM
    i'm pretty sure everythings fine but the yellow housing will not stay on so maybe it was put together with some adhesive or something?

the ball with its little home sits in just fine but the top yellow circle thing and the metallic circle thing that goes over it won't stay on.

i was thinking superglue :/

because i took it off i don't know if i could use the insurance..
    So you just popped off the rings to get to the trackball, correct? You didnt unscrew and pop off the faceplate? Those prongs have to be lined up perfectly with one on each side and one on the bottom. Just needs a little push to get it to lock in.
    08-20-09 06:54 AM
    booo yeah it's just the yellow ring but it will just nooot stay in!

should i resort to superglue?
    08-20-09 07:14 AM
    booo yeah it's just the yellow ring but it will just nooot stay in!

should i resort to superglue?
    Hm i personally wouldnt! I would maybe take it into a corp store and say that it fell and the ring popped off and see if they can get it back in.

Im thinking you just have make sure its lined up 100% then use some good old fashioned force. Also you may want to just remove the faceplate to get to the board and buttons without any restriction to be able to get that ring on there easier. You will need a torx crewdriver to get the housing apart
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 08-20-09 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Add text
    08-20-09 02:46 PM
    The 8350i's cannot I repeat CANNOT have the trackball changed without taking the BB apart and doing it from the inside out. If you pop out the ring it is now broken. The 8350i is not the same as other curves.
    08-20-09 02:52 PM
    The 8350i's cannot I repeat CANNOT have the trackball changed without taking the BB apart and doing it from the inside out. If you pop out the ring it is now broken. The 8350i is not the same as other curves.
    Thats what I was figuring! Thanks beach for the insight. I always take thr faceplate off even on my curve, well now gf's curve. Took a bit longer but overall was easier and let me clean up in there too
    08-20-09 02:55 PM
    i did that once and i had the same problem! im kool with the people at my local sprint repair center but they said that i couldnt send my phone b/c of the yellow ring right so they told me to crazy glue it back as if it was never touched nd i did and wala i got me a new phone!
    08-20-09 04:15 PM
    all you had to do was push in (click and hold) and scroll the direction that it was not working in
    08-20-09 04:42 PM
    great haha i learned this the hard way. good to know though thanks!
    08-20-09 04:52 PM
    i did that once and i had the same problem! im kool with the people at my local sprint repair center but they said that i couldnt send my phone b/c of the yellow ring right so they told me to crazy glue it back as if it was never touched nd i did and wala i got me a new phone!
    ahha alright superglue it is!
    08-20-09 04:53 PM
    are the 3 pins still intact on the ring? or are they broken off in the tiny holes?
    08-20-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD