Hi
    I have now had my first BB for a week, and have made a handfull of calls from my pocket which I didnt want to. The problem is that all of my previous phones have had an auto key lock which kicks in after about 10 seconds of inactivity. I cant see this feature on my 8900 and wondered if there is something which I could download. Its not for security so something simple would be fine. Thanks
    03-26-09 03:45 AM
    Menu > Options > Password

Keep the password protection disabled (if you want), but set the security timeout to however long you want the phone to lock- minimum is 1 minute though.
    You unlock using the left key above the display.
    03-26-09 04:23 AM

Keep the password protection disabled (if you want), but set the security timeout to however long you want the phone to lock- minimum is 1 minute though.
    You unlock using the left key above the display.
    It'd be cool if that actually worked but it does not. If anyone has an app that will lock the 8900 after a set amount of time, please post.
    04-04-09 10:14 AM
    There are 2 that I know of.... One is autolock that can be found on leo122 (or something like that) site just do a search for him on here that app is free. There is also another one called automatic keyboard lock, it is an ota but for the life of me I don't know where I got it try doing a search for it on here I know that much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 12:29 PM
    Okay! I am 90 percent sure (okay mabye 85) that I got it from either the free cb app store or mobihand's store.... Check both of them.... I have had better luck with akl then al... That one flaked on me after the first use

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 12:33 PM
    Where was the solution found?
    04-29-09 01:10 PM
    Where was the solution found?
    I am so sorry I did not post it. Here it is: http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber...k/autolock.jad

All of his software can be found here: geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    He is awesome. Note the SoftReset program is not working with the new OS.

HE DOES ACCEPT DONATIONS so please do if you use it and it works. Personally I don't mind tossing him a few bucks. He put the time in and makes it available for free. And you can give him what you feel is the right amount.
    05-09-09 02:02 PM
    On my new 8900, I had rogue dialling too.

'P' & Enter (easy to do just handling the phone) would call the first number in the 'P' contact list.

I made a new contact 'P' with the telephone number '0'. It dials and never connects to anything.

But this solves even that problem. Lock handheld upon holstering.

No need to set a password

Lock handheld upon holstering > change to 'Yes' > press back button > save > click ball

To unlock press lock / unlock button.

Simples ;o))
    Last edited by wunny; 10-08-09 at 10:30 AM.
    10-08-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD