My second hand 8900 Battery is seriously playing up. I have ordered a new battery, but the old one loses charge within 2/3 hours and the battery gets really hot!!!

I've never experienced that with blackberries before.

Is this just a replace battery time or is there something more sinister.......

Oh yes, wants the recommended intial charge for a new battery to prolong it's life?

thanx in advance guys & gals.
    08-04-09 12:29 PM
    your best bet would be buy a name brand battery something other users have had and a product you can trust. i have a 8900 and i have never had a problem with my battery and it still holds a charge. my battery last 2 days without charging
    08-04-09 03:02 PM
    Yeah,

but it's the phone that is second hand, the battery was ostentially the original BB battery. I've never known a BB battery to go 'hot' as well as lose charge so quickly.

am concerned it's a fault with the phone, any thouhts...?
    08-04-09 03:14 PM
    I have both the 8310 curve and 8900 curve. I have the Seidio extended 2600 batteries for both. I jave never had issues with the stock BB batteries or the Seidio's. If your battery is old, it will not hold a charge for long at all. Get a new BB battery and try it out. If it still drains quickly and gets Hot, its your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 04:42 PM
    What os are you using? Try updating the os if you don't have the most current version.

08-04-09 05:22 PM
    Thanx guys, is v4.6.1 .101 the latest OS?
    08-04-09 05:26 PM
    .231 is official for tmobile. .250 is the most recent beta released for the 8900.

08-04-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD