New to blackberry and confused on how to get documents to go to work. I reviewed the license aggreement on the phone and then sync it with no luck. Nothing happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Lonesnowboarder.
    07-26-09 10:51 PM
    By not working do you mean that Word and the spreadsheet do not open or that you are not able to see your docs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chemgordon; 07-26-09 at 11:05 PM.
    07-26-09 11:01 PM
    So... you have Documents to Go, right? As configured from the OS, it only installs Word to Go and SlideShow to Go. If you don't have it installed, you need to install from the desktop.

Assuming that you have the apps...
    You should first register your copy. Open any of the apps and click MenuKey > Register (I think... it's been a while since I registered mine and and the options change after registration). This will take you to the DataViz website and provide a registration code, which will then qualify you to download Sheet to Go if you wish. It will also qualify you for a paid Premium version that includes many more features and a PDF viewer.
    07-26-09 11:08 PM
    So... you have Documents to Go, right? As configured from the OS, it only installs Word to Go and SlideShow to Go. If you don't have it installed, you need to install from the desktop.

Assuming that you have the apps...
    You should first register your copy. Open any of the apps and click MenuKey > Register (I think... it's been a while since I registered mine and and the options change after registration). This will take you to the DataViz website and provide a registration code, which will then qualify you to download Sheet to Go if you wish. It will also qualify you for a paid Premium version that includes many more features and a PDF viewer.
    I am glad I found this thread, I think it explains some of my problem. I had connected to my computer and when it updated it took away my spreadsheet. It was also asking me to register again. I have not registered yet. If that brings back the spreadsheet, how do I keep it from taking it away again? Thanks

08-01-09 02:23 PM
    Good point! I ran into the same thing. The only solution I know, and the solution recommended by DataViz, is to uninstall the OS *from the PC* after you install the D2G upgrades. Otherwise, it will keep downgrading D2G to match the OS, which does not include Sheet to Go!

Note that you do not need to remove the downloaded OS file from the PC, just uninstall it from the PC's Control Panel. Next time you connect your Berry, you'll be ok.

I'd recommend keeping the D2G reg codes somewhere 'cause if you ever do need to reinstall the OS it'll happen again and you will need to re-download from DataViz.

08-01-09 03:38 PM
    I understand the basics of what you mean, but don't know how to go about doing it. If you have any suggestions to get me started in the right direction, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks
    08-01-09 07:57 PM
    I presume you must have installed a BlackBerry OS to your PC or it wouldn't keep downgrading D2G.
    If D2G is not on your device at all, you need to first connect to the PC and install D2G. I think you've already done this.
    Disconnect the device from the PC
    On your PC, go to Control Panel and uninstall the BlackBerry OS from your PC (it should be listed as one of the applications). This does not delete the downloaded OS file, so if necessary you could again install it at a later date.
    Open any D2G app and press MenuKey > Check for Updates to get the appropriate update if you don't have it already.
    After you've downloaded and installed the appropriate apps, open a D2G app and press MenuKey > About. It will display your regidtration code. Copy that and retain for any future needs.
    Next time you connect your BlackBerry to the PC, it will no longer remove Sheet to Go.

Hope this helps.

08-01-09 08:30 PM
    I found the BB OS and moved the whole file. now the desktop manager still recognizes the pin, but won't pull up the app loader or any of the other features. I'm downloading an updated version of the desktop manager to see if that helps.
    08-01-09 10:50 PM
    Finally got Desktop Manager reinstalled and everything is working good now that I got the OS moved like you were instructing me to do. Everything is working great. Thanks so much. I am afraid I sidetracked the first post, and want to say I'm sorry about that. Sometimes I'm a bit narrow in my focus. Thanks for helping me.

08-02-09 11:11 PM
    I also just got the 8330 Curve and in the original Docs to Go just had Word - went to the updates and got Excel but I think its just for 30 days - any idea how I can get it long-term and for free?
    08-04-09 10:56 PM
    @ Lone Rider - happy you got it working.

@Excel - You may have downloaded a trial. if you register Docs to Go, the registration code will qualify you to download a permanent free copy of Sheet to Go. To register, open any of the existing apps and register using one of the options when you click MenuKey (sorry, the options change after registering and so I don't remember the original options).

08-05-09 12:18 AM
    Thanks jbeachy! I just got my BB a few weeks a go, and was wondering why I didn't have Sheets to Go. I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread!
    08-07-09 04:41 PM
    Plus, if you do not purchase the upgrade, you can only view documents, you can't manipulate or edit them.
    08-07-09 06:27 PM
    You can edit them with the free version, you just can not create new ones. There is a workaround though, save a blank one to your media card and then when finished editing Save As a different name.

08-07-09 07:06 PM
    I upgraded to the Premium (paid) version of D2G and was astonished at the additional functionality in all the apps (including creating new documents), plus the addition of a very nice PDF viewer. It's pricey as mobile apps go (about $70) but for me there was business justification and it's an important part of my BlackBerry aresenal. I've used GridMagic and eOffice but have become a very big fan of D2G. It's a very competent suite of apps although I wish it had a real folder and file management system (I use File Manager Pro for that).

08-07-09 10:40 PM
    jbeachy,
    I had this problem before, whereas I had to get excel to go.
    I just upgraded the os to 138 and don't have excel to go.
    I uninstalled docs to go and registered the product and am in the middle of reinstalling. The full version is 50% now!
    08-11-09 06:18 PM
    Yeah, DM uninstalled my paid Premium 3 or 4 times and I kept reinstalling from the OTA link before I figured out what was happening and uninstalled the BlackBerry OS from the PC. Quite an adventure, lol

08-11-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD