Everytime I connect to Desktop Manager I lose Documents to go completely. No icons. I know its there casue I can go to Satus/Apps and see it. If I delete the app and reinstall it OTA its back. Plus its still registered. Makes no sense to me.
    Looking for support at DataViz is like a chinese maze in the dark. Then they refer you to RIM's website with is worst.
    I am using the Desktop Manager 5.0 and device software 4.5
    There are fixes listed on their support website that refer to 4.2 and locating some .alx files which no longer exist with the current versions. They said it was fixed. but they lie!
    08-07-09 12:57 PM
    wait where is the OTA link? I need to update mine cuz i reloaded my OS essentially last night when i was just trying to add uno via the apploader and lost my upgrade to mine and it wont upgrade so i need to delete it and reload but was unsure we could do OTA.
    08-07-09 01:04 PM
    You get it from their website. I downloaded the trial version and PDF to Go. Then, later, got a registration key.
    08-07-09 03:54 PM
    Here's what I think is happening: The OS does not install D2G by default and even then it's only Word and SlideShow. I think the OS is downgrading or removing D2G each time you connect.

I think you will need to install D2G using Desktop Manager, then uninstall the OS *from the PC* using Windows Control Panel and you will probably be ok for future sessions. You don't need to actually remove the OS file from the PC, just uninstall. If you ever need the OS again you can reinstall and the same thing will probably happen. Make sure you save your reg code from DataViz :-) Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 04:32 PM
    i got mine sorted out earlier I d/l'd the zip file, unzipped it and pushed it to my media card and installed from there.
    08-07-09 05:02 PM
    Ok, I am running Windows XP. I went into the control pannel and Add/remove programs. The only installed Blackberry or RIM programs are Desktop Manager 5.0
    I read that this was an issue with eariler an eariler os. 4.2 I think. Anyway, the instructions were to locate the .alx file and rename it. But, with the newer programs those files do not exist. I am pissed off that I have this paid program and having so much trouble with it. Customer support is worthless.
    08-09-09 10:14 AM
    Sorry you are having so much trouble. Here's another possibility I just thought of. Desktop Manager 4.7 (and above, I think), goes to the internet to check for the latest OS version and it may be matching your D2G apps to the latest published BlackBerry OS. You might try connecting your device while the PC is not connected to the Internet, or uninstall Desktop Manager and reinstall 4.5. Sorry your are having trouble with DataViz tech support - I've found them extraordinarily responsive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD