To edit MS Office documents on a 8330. What must I do? Where would I send my file, so that it is seen by my BB?

r.s.
    02-23-09 12:01 AM
    You would just put them in the Documents folder within the Blackberry folder on your MicroSD card.
    02-23-09 12:27 AM
    To edit them you need the pro version

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Is that true? I'm still on OS 4.3 and don't have Docs to Go, but I thought you can edit but not create new docs, and the Pro version allows you to create new docs.

02-23-09 07:07 AM
    Yeah I wanted Pro version but its too expensive. What was it $69.99.
    02-23-09 07:20 AM
    Sorry that is not true. You can edit your documents. You cant create a new document. In your menu make sure it is set to edit mode and you can then edit your document.
    02-23-09 07:20 AM
    To edit MS Office documents on a 8330. What must I do? Where would I send my file, so that it is seen by my BB?

r.s.
    I usually email the file to my berry and download the attachment to the documents folder on my sdcard. Make sure you register on the dataviz website so you can get the latest version. And.the post that said you can't edit with the free version is incorrect.

02-23-09 07:38 AM
    If you upgrade your OS to the 4.5.xx version it will come with D2G and you can edit as it was said above. Email yourself a blank word doc and download it right to the documents folder on the mem card that D2G will create. You can then rename it what you like and use it as a template for future new docs.

Register too like maxiang said and you'll also have rights for up to five future downloads should you wipe your BB delete D2G by accident or whatever. Plus the software updates if any.
    02-23-09 07:55 AM
    If you upgrade your OS to the 4.5.xx version it will come with D2G and you can edit as it was said above. Email yourself a blank word doc and download it right to the documents folder on the mem card that D2G will create. You can then rename it what you like and use it as a template for future new docs.

Register too like maxiang said and you'll also have rights for up to five future downloads should you wipe your BB delete D2G by accident or whatever. Plus the software updates if any.
    You beat me to it. I was going to say, if you can only edit documents, why not just send yourself a blank document to use as a new one.
    02-23-09 11:50 AM
    ^ that's a good idea for new doc creation!

02-23-09 11:56 AM
    Well that's the thing about CB...good ideas everywhere you look

02-23-09 12:58 PM
    You beat me to it. I was going to say, if you can only edit documents, why not just send yourself a blank document to use as a new one.
    STILL a good idea...
    02-23-09 02:56 PM
    I updated to 4.5 and don't see documents to go? Do I need to download this, seems like 4.5 has editing funtionality?

02-25-09 03:55 PM
    It would have been included in the ug but you would have had to select it to be installed while in DM and just before the ug. If it's not in your Applications folder then you should still be able to connect your BB back up to DM and install it as a single app.

When DM loads up and you run Application Loader it should be there and without a check in the box if it's not already on your phone.
    02-25-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD