The form factor of the Curve is what sold me on my 8330 (Bell Mobility). It's small, feels nice in my hand and I think the keyboard is great. I had a Motorola E815...a bulletproof phone, before the Curve and it gave me the same smiles. It felt like it was built like a brick outhouse.

I've looked at the new Bold and Javelin and, while I could probably afford them, they don't push my buttons in the right places as does the Curve. The Curve's keyboard, for example, I find more functional than the fashion statement of the new phones. Keeping in mind that my former PDA was a Palm, and I used a stylus to enter text into the unit this is saying something since I've never used such a tiny QWERTY keyboard before but find that I quite like it...a pleasant surprise.

So, over all I would say that the build quality, form factor and ergonomics of the Curve set it apart from the newer offerings. If the Curve was the new phone and the ones now being introduced were the incumbents we would all be salivating over the Curve!

/Eric
    10-10-08 07:06 AM
    the only problem I've had with my curve is that it will randomly reset to the default home screen image -and- set the camera to save images to device memory instead of the card. I reset both of those to my preferences and about once a week, it switches them back????? Ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have the same issue on mine. I'll set my camera to save to my media card. If I happen to take some pictures later on in the week, I'll notice that my memory is decreasing. When I view my pictures, they're saved to the internal memory rather than the media card. Not sure what's causing it to change the settings by itself.
    10-10-08 07:52 AM
    I enjoy the functionality of my curve...the push eMail; great syncing; Navigator; good call quality and Brickbreaker.

Everything is relative, in May 2009 when my contract is up with VZW - it will be time to check what funds and devices are available. Heck there may be a storm 2 or curve 3 - (LOL) who knows.

My point is there will always be something better around the corner, so I just enjoy what I have at the moment. That said, having a Curve (at this moment) is not such a bad thing.
    You have a good point there!
    10-10-08 07:54 AM
    I got my Curve in August and haven't looked back...until these new BB's like the Storm, Javelin and Bold came out. I'll be holding onto the Curve as long as I can because I can't see shelling out $100's of dollars for one of those just to get the latest and greatest BB.

I'll need to wait until I'm 22 months into my contract to get the discounted BB...whatever that is in 2010!
    10-10-08 08:49 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD