Hi, ive recently brought a dataplan with my blackberry curve 8520 and i wanted to know do you get free internet because i read online you do and my mates said you do but whilst i been on the internet my credit has been running out and now i have no credit left and i cant access the internet except through wireless and i know sometimes you have to wait 24 hours for the dataplan to start but i brought the dataplan yesterday and it worked yesterday like the bb app world etc worked

PLEASE HELPP !!
    05-31-10 07:46 AM
    PAYG I assume.

Call Orange, drop the data plan you have, get PAYG BIS (5/month).
    05-31-10 08:27 AM
    but if i drop the data plan and get BIS 5/month will i still be enabled to bb app world and bb messenger also by doing this will i be enabled to free internet whenever aslong as i keep topping up 5 a month
    05-31-10 08:39 AM
    but if i drop the data plan and get BIS 5/month will i still be enabled to bb app world and bb messenger also by doing this will i be enabled to free internet whenever aslong as i keep topping up 5 a month
    My goodness people, are you even thinking here? If you are paying Orange for a service, then how can it be FREE? If you aren't paying them for the service, then you don't get the service. Either way, there is no such thing as FREE internet on your cell phone using your carrier's signal. ARGHHHHH!!!!!
    05-31-10 12:45 PM
    I'll tell Orange to hire me this month. They could use my help it seems.

So. If you are PAYG, and you didn't confirm that, that's what you have to do. Unless ofc you already have PAYG BIS and that's the data plan you're talking about to begin with.

Either way, if you mean unlimited internet instead of free, than answer is yes.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-31-10 at 12:57 PM.
    05-31-10 12:54 PM
    My goodness people, are you even thinking here? If you are paying Orange for a service, then how can it be FREE? If you aren't paying them for the service, then you don't get the service. Either way, there is no such thing as FREE internet on your cell phone using your carrier's signal. ARGHHHHH!!!!!
    Did you see the woman that wants google to pay reparations because google maps pointed her to walk on a highway? Guess nobody ever told/teached her to think. Who walks on highways for Christ's sake?
    05-31-10 12:56 PM
    Hahahaha geh a life both of you i mean thanks for the help buh mannnn you needs to chill with all your sarcastic talk i only asked a simple question jheeeeeeeeeeeeeez !
    05-31-10 07:15 PM
    Hahahaha geh a life both of you i mean thanks for the help buh mannnn you needs to chill with all your sarcastic talk i only asked a simple question jheeeeeeeeeeeeeez !
    Then next time you make a simple question please give us enough information so we don't have to make assumptions and use what you called "sarcastic talk".

How many times I had to post to get to an answer? Anyway, "geh a life yourself" and welcome to the forums.
    05-31-10 09:52 PM
    I also have a 8520 on Orange Pay&Go...

ALSO

Today I have been on the phone with Orange about this same problem.

It seems although I too pay the 5 a month for BB services, i am still charged for GPRS usage. Althoughwhen I spoke with customer services they said I had not been charged.

After the call i accessed my account online at Oranges website and right there in front of me, it showed data charges for today and yesterday!

IDK whats up with that, I mean if you dont have BB data plan with Orange, you cant access the internet at all... even with another of their dataplans its unavailable.

cuzzy... Log into your account on Orange.com and you will be able to see an itemised breakdown of usage, then mail customer services, much easier than trying to call them.
    06-01-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD