Since I got my BB and actually realised the level of customising, I have found myself on an eternal journey of changing things. Themes, trying new software, new apps, sounds etc...

Im sure im not the only one here that feels that they have failed if they dont change SOMETHING on their BB daily! lol

Not got started on housings yet, but im sure when I do thats just gonna be another can of worms.

Today, new theme, pac man, MSN Live, yesterday berryweather, and so on lol

What I really need to do is set up all the profiles, but cant be bothered going through so many things to set them up.
    Im off work for a couple of months now though for surgery, so plenty more time to make new BBM buddies and set more things up
    04-17-09 03:26 PM
    Yep, and that is a true blackberry guru!

I change wallpaper mostly everyday. but don't deal to much with third party applications much...
    04-17-09 03:29 PM
    I tend to stick with the backgrounds that come with the themes at the moment, but once I am happy with a theme im sure I will get a few pics to rotate through.
    Something nice about a fresh looking phone daily.

As for the apps, I am just playing about with them at the mo. I tend to load up a trial, see how it goes. 9/10 end up uninstalled.

Email, weather, messaging are the main things for me. Would love to find a good UK news feed, but yet to find a decent one.
    Browsing I loaded mini opera but tend to use the BB one.
    04-17-09 03:33 PM
    Yeah, I just try to get anything cool on my phone. Ever since I upgraded I've been looking for anything cool such as themes, games, and applications.
    04-17-09 03:53 PM
    I'm happy with what I have. Now I just look for ways to make them more functional or useful to me. I do the same with my wife.
    04-17-09 03:54 PM
    I'm happy with what I have. Now I just look for ways to make them more functional or useful to me. I do the same with my wife.
    They both been around for a while now then ? lol
    Im hoping to settle down with my BB like I have with the missus some time soon, but you know how it is, getting them the way you want them is half the fun!

On my curve 8320 I have found the HI VIZ Black to be to my liking out of all the ones I have tried. A friend has the Transformers one on his 8900 and I love the layout and size of it all.

As for games, im not a big gamer, but PacMan has kept me smiling, SO much easier with a trackball lol
    04-17-09 04:03 PM
    lol you change your wife's phone or you change your wife to be more functional or useful?? hahah
    04-17-09 04:04 PM
    I change themes frequently as big of a pain in the **** as that is (with the fixing icons every time). I download apps probably about once a week and half of them get deleted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 04:06 PM
    i'm the opposite! i've had the same theme, wallpaper, ringers for 8 months. i like to keep things the same so that i know where they are and it looks familiar and i don't freak out! ha. i always keep my icons in the same order too. i think for about a week if there is an app i'm condisering downloading!

i recently changed a few customs ringtones and my alarm.
    04-17-09 04:15 PM
    I change themes frequently as big of a pain in the **** as that is (with the fixing icons every time). I download apps probably about once a week and half of them get deleted.

Ditto, moving them about can become a pain, but I tend to only use themes with room for 5 or 6 icons, so only a few to move. Then if I like it I move the apps page about too, if I dont.... DELETE

Probably gonna ask someone to make me a theme in a month or so when I tire of changing them all the flippin time

Im slowly finding what apps I actually use, so am getting to grips with the right apps for the job now. Still looking for a news one though thats not got too many things on it I dont use, like Pocket Express or Viiago
    04-17-09 04:17 PM
    i'm the opposite! i've had the same theme, wallpaper, ringers for 8 months. i like to keep things the same so that i know where they are and it looks familiar and i don't freak out! ha. i always keep my icons in the same order too. i think for about a week if there is an app i'm condisering downloading!

i recently changed a few customs ringtones and my alarm.
    Nothing wrong with that
    Have you had the BB long ? Im still in excitable mode.

I had mine since Sept but it was not until about Jan when I started convincing friends to take the leap to a berry that I got interested in changing things around..... since then, its non stop, on a controlled level

First app I have found that I WILL buy is Berry Weather. Love it.
    04-17-09 04:20 PM
    lol you change your wife's phone or you change your wife to be more functional or useful?? hahah
    I treat my wife like my phone.
    04-17-09 04:21 PM
    I treat my wife like my phone.
    The options for replies are endless.

I will keep them to myself. lol
    04-17-09 04:24 PM
    i am the same way...i get bored with themes on a daily basis...why IS that...??
    04-17-09 04:45 PM
    i am the same way...i get bored with themes on a daily basis...why IS that...??
    I think its because there is so much to choose from. You have favorite foods, but a trip to the store, lots of choice and suddenly you want lots of different things

As long as there are new ones out there to play about with and keep things fresh, im a happy man
    04-17-09 04:47 PM
    I change things up every couple weeks. Themes, wallpapers, ringtones, etc. I just wait until I get bored one day and I start changing things.

04-17-09 07:06 PM
    I have only changed themes 2 times since I first had it. (and all are BB themes, none that I downloaded or bought) and I have changed wallpapers, but I have something preloaded.

Still, I tell my wife daily, "Guess what I found" And she know that I'm talking about my Blackberry. That's her fault for getting her non-Blackberry phone when we extended our contract to get new phones.

Am I allowed to say, "Stupid wives" if I am specifically talking about my own? I don't think I am. I take it back. But not enough to just delete what I typed.
    04-17-09 07:12 PM
    Ya know, I was thinking the other day-am I the only one that spends hours looking for tones/themes/walls/colored trackballs to find the perfect aesthetic.......

04-17-09 07:55 PM
    Yep that's one of the reasons I chose th BB, I can customize it anyway I want *woot woot*

04-17-09 07:57 PM
    Its amazing! this is the first phone I have ever done this with, but I am the exact same. Allways looking for something new. Ordered 3 new skins last night lol
    04-17-09 07:59 PM
    Lol this is like AA for BB, haha you CC what I DiD there !

Ok sorry its late, my bad!

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like they are on a quest. I know there is a massive customising market, but there is a difference between customisation and almost obsessive customising lol

04-17-09 08:00 PM
    I have one 3rd party theme and have no intention of ever changing
    it. I use one stock ringtone for everything and everyone. My apps
    are pretty much constant. The only thing I change with any
    regularity is wallpaper.

I'm more of a function over form type.
    04-17-09 08:02 PM
    Its amazing! this is the first phone I have ever done this with, but I am the exact same. Allways looking for something new. Ordered 3 new skins last night lol
    This is the first smart phone I have ever had, that I have actually bothered customising, all the others were just used, this is fun

Ya know, I was thinking the other day-am I the only one that spends hours looking for tones/themes/walls/colored trackballs to find the perfect aesthetic.......

lol, well there you have your answer, you are FAR from alone, in fact, there are loads like up haha.

I have one 3rd party theme and have no intention of ever changing
    it. I use one stock ringtone for everything and everyone. My apps
    are pretty much constant. The only thing I change with any
    regularity is wallpaper.

I'm more of a function over form type.

I love function too, but am having SO much fun with form too right now.
    04-18-09 09:55 AM
    Yep, and that is a true blackberry guru!

I change wallpaper mostly everyday. but don't deal to much with third party applications much...
    and here I thought I was the only crazy fool to do this
    04-18-09 01:14 PM
    I got my first taste of customizing with my HTC Mogul so I'm just continuing the habit with my BB. I customize everything from themes to cases. I have multiple of both and I change often. I spend many hours on Crackberry!

04-18-09 01:25 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD