I am the proud owner of a 8330. I had never owned nor considered a Blackberry phone until I got tired of TMO service. I went into my local Cellular South and one of the CSR's talked me into the Pearl. After 2 days of trying to see those tiny letters and numbers, I took it back and exchanged it for the Curve. I was in heaven. My questions to my kindred berrians are many. Why do most people complain about every version or update? Why do some people want the latest and greatest and one the get it there are so many complaints. If is not the trackball, its the battery door or the pushed in screen. I have owned my Curve since December 2008. I guess I have been lucky. I have not had any problems other than operator error. I have looked at the Bold. It seems to be made of subpar materials. It looks like it was made in a toy shop. It looked cheap. I then waited with anticipation for the Tour. Went to VZN and played with the Tour. I tried so hard to love it. The buttons looked cheap and plastic. They didn't seem to be nearly as stable as the workhorse Curve. The speed was the only thing that was better. But, are we really in such a hurry that a few milliseconds matter? Keep in mind FedEx made millions because everyone is in a hurry. I've seen old berries. They were the true workhorses. Now it seems we will take cheap quick made devices. RIM should be held at a higher standard. But why should they? We are going to buy whatever they throw at us. I got a good quality Curve device and I am going to hold on to it until RIM realizes we deserve quality devices for our hard earned $$$'s. Also, my last point or question. Where do the cheap shiny looking Curves come from? I have a titanium and black one with black keys where the green,darkred and BB keys are. I've seen a lot with silver shiny keys that have dulled and appear to be coming off. I have noticed most from TMO and VZN. What's up with those phones? Where has the quality gone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 07:07 PM
    You have to realize that people who have problems with something love to b***h about their problems, but people are rarely as eager to post about their perfectly wonderfully working BBs or whatever it may be. When you read tons of complaints about anything, most of the time you aren't seeing the majority of users (remember, a company like RIM would be out of business if that hadn't sold millions of these things, not just the few dozens or hundreds you may have seen people complaining about). These are just a representation of those who had problems, not a representation of the user base as a whole.

If you want to know about how good a product is, start with its popularity and sales numbers. The Curve is the number one selling phone in the world right now. It wouldn't have gotten there if the vast majority of users were having the same problems as the few who have jumped on their computers to complain. And the same probably goes for the phones you've seen showing wear and tear. Everybody puts their phones through different amounts of use and abuse. You have to find out how old every phone is and what it's been through before you can assume that those phones represent the overall quality.

Know what I mean?
    08-26-09 07:42 PM
    Couldn't agree more about the Curve being a workhorse. It's amazing how sturdy this phone feels to me. Of course, this is my first Berry...

Progress does not necessarily dictate a proportionate rise in quality, though, or even guarantee the same quality.
    08-26-09 07:59 PM
    I love my Curve. I don't care about the little things that some people complain about. My Curve does what I need it to, when I need it to do it. After having other phones for so long, my Curve proves to me everyday why it's the BOSS!!!
    08-26-09 08:28 PM
    I definately agree that the curve is a workhorse. I'm a curve user since Oct 08 and prior to that I had the Pearl. Hands down the Curve was the better product for me. It seems that the quality is there and I too have not had any major issues that were not user related. IMO the Curve is most definately quality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 07:27 AM
    i'd personally like to have both, but when it comes down to it I'd much rather have quality. I have thought about upgrading to the Tour since vzw said that I'm ready for an early upgrade, but I don't know if I am ready to move on to a new BB. I may just wait for the Storm 2 and see how that works out for me. Idk at this point, I just know my curve works perfect for me.
    08-27-09 08:02 AM
    I just recently upgraded to the Storm. I have no complaints at all with its current performance. I was looking for a phone that had email,internet plus the usual features, texting,pic messaging, etc.

Of course I will look at the newer models as they come out but for now I'm very happy with my upgrade.

So to answer the question I want both and have it with my Storm!
    08-27-09 08:14 AM
    For me, utility and quality go hand in hand. I do not mind having to make an extra click or two to get what i need, as long as there is a way to get it. For Blackberries, my wife and I started out with the 8700g; i migrated first to an 8800, and then to an 8820; my wife now has an 8310. all of the newer phones I have purchased used, and the 8820 and the 8310 I have resurrected from ebay's "broken, for parts" department. Quality? Unless you run over a BB with a truck, or wash it in your jeans pocket, it's pretty hard to kill one. Are they perfect? For us they are. With our BB's, we have reliable phones, readily available news and email, and other apps that make the device useful. Quality and convenience - Yes, Yes, Yes!
    08-27-09 11:08 AM
    The quality or looks of the keys are probably requested by the carrier for a different look. My Sprint curve keyboard is the same as the colors you described on yours.
    08-27-09 11:20 AM
    I have had my 8320 since june 08, it was mr first blackberry, it does everything I need it to

I am up for an upgrade next week and am thinking about giving my wife my trusty 8320 and trying the new 8900

Long live blackberry!!
    08-27-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD