08-30-09 04:41 PM
44 12
tools
    ditto here. I screwed it up once but was able to fix it with all the posts here from our fellow crackberry users.
    08-21-09 03:18 PM
    Sorry for the thread jacking ... but where exactly is the antenna located on our 8350i's ?
    its internal
    08-21-09 06:44 PM
    Me myself have been with netel for awhile and when ever I have had a problem they were always quick to resolve it, and safe to say even now, for me anyway, no problems with sprint either.
    08-22-09 06:41 PM
    I love my 8350i havent had any problems with it at first it did have some things that bugged the crap out of me but since i updated the OS all my problems are gone and yes i have to say this is the best phone i have had so far!! Good luck with your problems!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 08:16 AM
    I've with nextel for years and have always had great customer service and help I've had this phone a month before it came out and it is also my first bb. I wouldn't trade this phone for the world. I never seeated the small stuff and when I had a problem I pdoted it here for help. So before bash nextel and the phone maybe you should get the right help instaed looking down the wrong road

08-23-09 11:51 AM
    I've had Nextel for 8 years and counting. I always had good customer service. I can't even complaint about the 8350i. It has been very good to me and it is my first blackberry that i owned.
    I'm very happy with nextel and not going anywhere else looking for a new cellphone company.
    Thanks!
    08-24-09 10:14 AM
    I've had Nextel for 8 years and counting. I always had good customer service. I can't even complaint about the 8350i. It has been very good to me and it is my first blackberry that i owned.
    I'm very happy with nextel and not going anywhere else looking for a new cellphone company.
    Thanks!
    Same here but I have been with them for 7 years. Sadly in June 2011 I will leave Nextel. I will be moving to Montana where there is no Nextel service.
    08-24-09 04:07 PM
    Nextel is a piece of ****.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I am so ******* tired of the no texting.

im 16 y/o and i cant text? wtf is that.

I'm gonna call nextel/sprint/blackberry tomorrow and tell them they're a bunch of **** for making this phone.

a very very very disappointed customer-
    08-24-09 08:20 PM
    Nextel is a piece of ****.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I am so ******* tired of the no texting.

im 16 y/o and i cant text? wtf is that.

I'm gonna call nextel/sprint/blackberry tomorrow and tell them they're a bunch of **** for making this phone.

a very very very disappointed customer-
    Let us know how that works out for you.......

08-26-09 04:37 AM
    Yeah.... Nextel -- been with them for nearly 12 years... We've always had to deal with limited phone availability.. While all my friends were boasting some really cool phones over the years, I was always limited to such a DRAB selection.... I was always checking the Nextel site to see if a new phone had been announced... and if there was a hot new Motorola phone available, it was always priced so very high...

Yep -- Nextel.... at least one thing is cool about the 8350i -- my local Sprint store always swaps out my device with a BRAND NEW one in the box... and I get to KEEP the old battery, holster, USB cable, and headset... not bad...
    08-27-09 01:56 AM
    I love mine
    08-27-09 09:32 AM
    The Nextel service around my area is horrible, dropped calls all the time no matter what. I have been standing in the same spot for 5 minutes on a call and then boom, just gone, no reason why just does. The service is spotty at best and if it wasn't for all my suppliers and subcontractors having Nextel for two-way capability, I would definitely switch over to Verizon. The 8350i is great but no 3G, but thats what Sprint pushes most. Nextel just blows.
    i have the same problem the phone is nice but the service can be a lot better
    08-27-09 11:49 PM
    I bought my phone about 6 months ago from the Sprint / Nextel store, it worked like a charm. Some text messaging problems initially but it all got ironed out. About a month ago, 5 months into using my account, i was issued a new phone because my keyboard refused to work and i was having some software issue. Nextel sent me a new phone, all I had to do was transfer it over and it was great. I thought customer service was great. After they sent me a brand new phone, I was sold. I bought another line, upgraded to the family everything plan and made sure my girlfriend would be able to talk to me and enjoy the device as much as I did. That's when the headaches began. Her phone, identical to mine and in the same household as me, started having problems. The L where the NXTL on the top right of the screen stopped being capitalized. So we called customer service and they told me to Master Radio Reset and it worked... for about 5 minutes until they got my *** off the line. Then it wouldn't access any internet features again. Called them back, told me to do the same thing, worked until they got me off the line, then nothing again. Sometimes the phone has the courtesy to un-capitalize the L, other times it's plain and simple guesswork. Nextel won't give me a refund of the early cancellation fee if I cancel my account because THEIR FREAKING SERVICE WON'T WORK and they also won't switch me over to Sprint, because I need the 2 way to call internationally. They're also cheap enough to not give me the reduced international rate complimentary when it's their freaking fault. So now, once again, after 2 weeks and much headaches, i'm talking to customer service to see if it works... but sadly I know it's only temporary.

I apologize for the long post and I doubt anyone will read it, but let this go as a warning to anyone who's considering Nextel and their 8350i... DON'T DO IT. I have never been so unhappy with a service in my life and they simply cannot fix it... they bounce me from department to department asking me to repeat my information over and over until eventually they just hang up on me and say my call was dropped and I have to start over.

Once again, DON'T DO IT! Save yourself the headache and go with AT&T, they may be more expensive, but I've had friends and co-workers use the phone and service for YEARS without fail.
    I have a 8350i bb and it works excellent of course there was the initial issues with the phone but they were remedied with software updates sory you had such a crummy time with it it cost sooooooooo much money for it not to work properly for you
    08-28-09 12:51 AM
    I use the 8350i for work. We have a few of them. I've had one phone that did the 'l' issue. I thought it was something with service books on our BES server.

The way we fixed it is have Sprint/Nextel reprovision the phone (reassign the phone numbers, etc). After that and a battery pull, all was fixed.

Good luck.
    08-28-09 10:07 PM
    I had issues initially, the whole text thing, and some random hour glass popping up (time clock thingy) but now its as smooth as a babys booty. But I think I'm switching carriers, I want a diff berry and NOT the tour. Certainly NOT the old brick berry from Nextel (7100i) that things a weapon of mass destruction.
    08-28-09 10:29 PM
    I had problems that they couldn't solve for a long time. I bought it Dec. 15 online when they first came out. File a claim. I lost my phone ( yeah right). They sent me another one. It works fine now.
    08-29-09 10:22 PM
    I loved mine too and no, we both live in the same area. The only difference is my area code is 305 and her's is 321 but we're both still in the same household and mine works and hers doesn't. She's traveled around the state and it just simply refuses to work.

As you mentioned, You live in or near the 321 area, as do I (Space Coast Area) And we have 2 of the 8350i's and haven't had any problems at all since we have had them, I bought them new from the sprint store, and everything has been amazing, including the service and the phone's abilities....

The one thing that bothers me is this... Everyone is always going to talk about their bad experience REGARDLESS of what cell phone company they have! Take it from me, someone who has worked in the wireless industry as a corporate store trainer, and have sold all services.... "There is no such thing as a perfect cell phone company!"

And that goes for everything in life... You are always going to have people who love things, and people who hate them... Cars, Boats, Phones, Banana's, Chips, Stores... It goes for everything!

So just because you had a bad experience.....
    DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE NOT TO BUY "X" BRAND!!!!
    Just give your opinion, After all, everyone is entitled to one!

Anthony
    08-30-09 11:15 AM
    Why are people allowed to make post like this? I have had my black 8350i since day one no issues at all and my red one almost 2 months no issues except for dust under the screens
    08-30-09 04:05 PM
    The one thing that bothers me is this... Everyone is always going to talk about their bad experience REGARDLESS of what cell phone company they have! Take it from me, someone who has worked in the wireless industry as a corporate store trainer, and have sold all services.... "There is no such thing as a perfect cell phone company!"

And that goes for everything in life... You are always going to have people who love things, and people who hate them... Cars, Boats, Phones, Banana's, Chips, Stores... It goes for everything!

So just because you had a bad experience.....
    DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE NOT TO BUY "X" BRAND!!!!
    Just give your opinion, After all, everyone is entitled to one!

Anthony

Well stated!

I received my 8350i as a gift, and had every intention to use it as a stop gap until the HTC TP2 came out. Despite the weaker or lack of signal in certain areas where I reside, I have been happy with this phone. I do not forsee me changing when the HTC TP2 becomes available.
    Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder!

Best,
    Blackie
    08-30-09 04:41 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD