Hey,

So i just bought a used 8900 of ebay, unfortunately, the trackball works fine and when you push it in, it doesn't click or anything. But it still functions when you push it in. I just find it annoying it doesn't push into the phone.Do you know which part i need, i've seen both as the solution but wanna make sure I buy the right one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 12:52 PM
    Just so I understand, the trackball works, but doesn't work?
    or do you not get the "thump" when it's pushed in, even though the device responds to it?
    If you're just missing that "thump", it's likely the pad under the trackball, and I don't think it's replaceable.
    06-02-10 01:14 PM
    Just so I understand, the trackball works, but doesn't work?
    or do you not get the "thump" when it's pushed in, even though the device responds to it?
    If you're just missing that "thump", it's likely the pad under the trackball, and I don't think it's replaceable.
    hey, yeah so basically it just doesn't move when you push it in, the ball is stiff. And I heard that can be fixed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 02:15 PM
    If its stiff, it means there is dirt or other particles back there. Your gonna have to take out the trackback and clean it, which includes playing around with it until it gets cleared.
    06-04-10 09:32 AM
    Eh... so the button works electrically, but provides no tactile feedback.

Replacing the trackball sensor (which contains the button for the trackball) on an 8900 is a COLOSSAL PAIN. Rigid steel clamped onto plastic. Guess which is going to give when you remove the retention plate to swap the sensor board?

If the phone works, let it be.
    06-04-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD