Sorry if this is a trivial question.

So far I set up two separate email accounts and each has it own icon. However whenever receiving messages in either of them, they always show up in the "messages" icon as well. I think all my BB messenger messages also go there. I did select "serate emails and SMS" under options.

What would be the purpose of having separate icons for emails if they all go to the catchcan if you will?

Thanks
    02-14-09 03:49 PM
    The idea of having the different icons for different accounts is so you will know which account you have an e-mail from, even though they all go in the messages folder.
    02-14-09 03:58 PM
    Question- I just upgraded from the 8320 to 8900. I did the BB switch on my desktop manager and it took about 3 minutes. But now I don't get the red asterisk indicator or the number of messages in the inbox folder when I recieve an email. I still get it when I get a SMS or MMS. HELP!

I also lost the BB browser.
    Last edited by Jcape; 02-14-09 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Addition to question
    02-14-09 04:07 PM
    Question- I just upgraded from the 8320 to 8900. I did the BB switch on my desktop manager and it took about 3 minutes. But now I don't get the red asterisk indicator or the number of messages in the inbox folder when I recieve an email. I still get it when I get a SMS or MMS. HELP!

I also lost the BB browser.
    Did you change themes?
    02-14-09 04:17 PM
    What would be the purpose of having separate icons for emails if they all go to the catchcan if you will?

Thanks
    I hide my all-in-one icon... I prefer them separated.... I guess it's all up to the user... it's always good to have options.
    02-14-09 04:21 PM
    I don't want a folder for every e-mail account i have, i hide them and use the "Messages" icon. You can tell what account it is at the top of the e-mail...
    02-14-09 04:23 PM
    Thanks. yes I guess it's now just up to user preference.

Is there a way to stop a message being shown in any of my inboxes after being sent? It's sort of like my inbox is doubling as my "sent" box

Thanks
    02-14-09 05:02 PM
    Are you using Gmail?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 05:14 PM
    Yes but I already set that up with a filter so that it's not sending a message to my inbox. However whenever I type a message from my other email accounts, it always leaves that message with a "check" next to it. Is there any way around this so that I don't have to keep deleting every message I send? Thanks
    02-14-09 05:27 PM
    How do you set the icons? Also is there a way to have a sent folder and remove the sent msgs from the inbox listing?
    02-20-09 04:51 PM
    If I understand what your saying, you have two different e-mail addresses but all your messages go to your "message" folder ??? if this is correct, proceed.

1) Messages folder will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS import all messages sent to the phone via e-mail, text message, picture message, etc. The only thing I do, is to hide the actual messages box.

**If you use BES, skip to #3, or else continue

2) From here when you set up two different e-mail accounts and also check the option to seperate SMS and e-mail, you should have four icons, including two different e-mail boxes, a SMS and MMS box, and the messages box. Hide the messages box. If this is not showing up how I stated, it may be your theme, make sure you verify, in options, that the seperation is not theme selected.

BIS users, thanks for reading.....this is the end.

3) For BES users, the corporate e-mail account you use for business using the exchange server will always be in the messages account. It is harder on you'll. The messages will come to your messages box and there is no way to hide the messages box unless you don't want to be checking your business e-mail. Sorry
    02-21-09 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD