Hello all as you can see I am new to the forums, but like being here so far. I currently have an Iphone 3g which I got last november. There are definatley some good things about the Iphone, but when I my duty station became Washington DC...where ATT coverage is horrifying I needed to switch. Not to mention this phone does not actually do any of the important stuff good and most of the apps are a waste of time and money and are cool for a day but you never actual use them. I have 5 screens of apps that probably cost me a total of 50 dollars and I only use phone, txt, email, and camera seriously!

I have a government issued Tmobile 8700 and I love it, that is what got me addicted to the blackberry and cannot wait to get a new one for my personal use.

Dillema is that I want to get a new phone now, I am definelty going to Tmobile because their coverage is great in DC plus UMA. Bottom line is I love everything about the 8900 I think its still better looking than the 9700 and I definatley like the 8900 keyboard better. My GF has an 8330 and I have never once seen her have an issue with trackball in over a year. But I feel like all that aside I would be making a mistake wasting my ability to get a new 9700 at the subsidized rate (for signing up 2 yrs) in a few months and blow having 3g and trackpad. I would not hold out for this phone for its looks or trackpad or keyboard but 3g is pretty much the standard, it just seems like buying a car without power locks or windows.

8900 owners help I want so badly to get the 8900 now but dont want to be unhappy in 2 months that I didnt wait to get 3G.
    09-11-09 05:44 PM
    I have an 8900 and I love it. I had an iPhone then got a G1 and got tired of them both. The 8900 I feel blows them both away for communication and after 2 months I have yet to get sick of it. A bit of warning though. Your girlfriend probably keeps her hands very clean but if you are like me and do handy work around the house and car and use the phone then the trackball will become a problem. I have replaced the original trackball after 1 and a half months because it became unusable due to my pockets and dusty hands. So even though I absolutely love the 8900 I would have to say you should wait for the 9700 with a trackpad and better processor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 07:11 PM
    I had my 8900 for about 5 months now, don't have any complaints about it at all! I actually would get the 9700 but my 8900 is in brand new condition. As for 3G I hardly browse the web due to the apps that I have. I get RSS feeds, social networks, amazon and other stuff that iwould normally use the web for if I didn't have a smartphone. So I'm perfectly fine without 3G. Plus there's always opera mini which is faster than the original bb browser it's like having 3G so I get to sites fast even though I'm on edge. But if you do think your trackball might get messed up, I would get the 9700, I think it looks better than the 8900.
    09-11-09 07:26 PM
    The 8900 is awesome, and based on your statements you will have no regrets whatsoever if you choose this device. It all depends on the type of user you are. I myself get sick of a phone in a little under a year. I have had the 8900 since February and I have just wanted to switch for the simple fact that I like having different devices. If you don't need 3G and are confident in the trackball and don't care for the cool new trackpad, then the 8900 will be more than enough for you.

09-11-09 08:26 PM
    I adore my 8900....this is the first bb i have ever had.....I had a tmobile wing, iphone 2g, g1, iphone 3g, then used the mytouch for alil and by far the 8900 is the best phone i have ever used..i will never stray away from bb ever again!!! go with the 8900 u wont regret it!!!
    09-11-09 08:29 PM
    The iPhone blows the 8900 away for games and apps.

Air Hockey!!!

09-11-09 08:39 PM
    see my iphone 3G V 8900 post.....8900 is a superior device at the end of the day and your gonna love tmo
    09-11-09 08:41 PM
    i love my 8900..trackball does suck..and it seems like 3G is where things are going or are or whatever..3g, 4g, bla bla, as well as track pad
    09-11-09 09:39 PM
    But lazerus, aren't you forgetting about the iphone games emulator? Air Hockey works like a charm!!!!

09-11-09 09:43 PM
    i had an iphone 2g, and i must say.. games are better
    however, for emailing, texting, BBMing, and averything the 8900 can do, its definitely worth the switch.

here's some simple advice: if you want a blackberry now, get the 8900.
    if you dont mind waiting, get the 9700
    09-12-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD