I have a bunch of little scratches and cracks on my screen that are really starting to bother me. I've heard of people using Displex (DISPLEX - DISPLAY CARE & PROTECTION) to fix these scratches and it working really well. But, I've also heard of it messing up the screen even more. Has anyone here ever used it on their 8330's screen? Thanks
    08-09-09 12:31 PM
    I almost bought it but a friend said it messed up his screen so I bought a new screen on ebay. Much easier and phone is like new again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 12:49 PM
    Is it hard to install a new screen?
    08-09-09 01:31 PM
    No, as long as the lens comes with the proper adhesive, it isn't that hard to do. Some lenses don't come with the adhesive, so ask the seller or look specifically if the adhesive is mentioned in the description.

There are youtube videos that show how to remove your old lens and attach the new one.

FYI, you are looking for the lens, not the screen. The screen is the LCD screen which is behind the lens which you are talking about.
    08-09-09 01:36 PM
    Try cnn.cn and get a new screen there. Great site
    08-09-09 01:44 PM
    No, as long as the lens comes with the proper adhesive, it isn't that hard to do. Some lenses don't come with the adhesive, so ask the seller or look specifically if the adhesive is mentioned in the description.

There are youtube videos that show how to remove your old lens and attach the new one.

FYI, you are looking for the lens, not the screen. The screen is the LCD screen which is behind the lens which you are talking about.
    Thanks. Are there any tools I should get as well, or what should I use to pry the lens off?
    08-09-09 06:27 PM
    You can use a small screwdriver, wrap some masking tape or electrical tape around it so you don't scratch the plastic.

08-09-09 06:39 PM
    Yes what he said.My lens came with 2 tools to remove and the adhesive. I watched several youtube videos before I did it the ebay seller was everything4blackberry and I received in 2 days.

08-09-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD