I would just like to say that I am very disappointed in the performance of my curve 8530. I had been thinking, " I have a BB, I have a great phone and so on." Until today I used my buddies Moto Droid and the internet on that thing is just so much faster and smoother than my BB. I really wish that there was something that I could do to make my BB internet service as fast and smooth as the Droid, or some way that I could get rid of the BB and get one of those phones. But my problem is that I've had the phone since February and I really just thought that was how the internet on a phone was, until I used the Droid. Can anyone help me please?!
    07-01-10 05:25 PM
    Internet browsing would be one of the downfall of BlackBerrys. But it's definitely one of the best phones around the world ...

You can try using different web browser and see if the speed changes, I'd recommend using BOLT.
    07-01-10 05:28 PM
    You didn't know the browser was slow on a BlackBerry? If that's the only reason you got it then put the phone on EBAY and use the money to buy the phone of your choice.
    07-01-10 05:51 PM
    if you have a laptop I suggest you try tethering from your blackberry and using the internet from there, and if that doesn't workout for you I would suggest that you get another smartphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 06:04 PM
    Uhh...

$200 MSRP Blackberry Curve 8530 vs $600 MSRP Motorola Droid

Which do you THINK is going to be smoother and faster? The Curve 8530 is a pretty darn nice entry level smartphone. And if you'd done your research before making a long-term purchase, you would've found that there are a lot of complaints about the Blackberry browser.

I had an iPod Touch for a couple years and I don't really have a problem with the BB browser, but to each their own.
    07-01-10 06:26 PM
    Wow... Can you give him his head back now??

07-01-10 07:29 PM
    Regardless of the price, a BB has the reputation to be a great smartphone. No, the internet is not the only reason I purchased the BB, but it is a thing that I'd expect to be great. For how long BB's have been around compared to the droid's it seemed like a no brainer. Sorry I didn't sit here and do the research. I was pretty much just asking if there was anything that I could do to get my phone's browser to even compare to the Droid. It's not really enough to make me sell this phone and buy a different phone. Thanks.
    07-01-10 08:32 PM
    Regardless of the price, a BB has the reputation to be a great smartphone. No, the internet is not the only reason I purchased the BB, but it is a thing that I'd expect to be great. For how long BB's have been around compared to the droid's it seemed like a no brainer. Sorry I didn't sit here and do the research. I was pretty much just asking if there was anything that I could do to get my phone's browser to even compare to the Droid. It's not really enough to make me sell this phone and buy a different phone. Thanks.
    Did you try BOLT. It runs smoother and faster than the BlackBerry browser (that's what I personally think).

And you're right, the 8530 is a great smartphone. Some people call it an "entry level" phone, I personally do not believe on that.
    07-01-10 08:41 PM
    Wow way to tear him a new one for no reason. Bolt or opera mini are your best bet. The internet may not be the fastest but you can't beat a BB.

07-01-10 09:55 PM
    Comparing the internet on a Droid with an 85XX is not a fair comparison. Screen real estate alone gives a huge edge to the Droid. Additionally since the Droid is optimized for Internet usage, it has another clear edge. By the same token, my BB 8520 is far superior where email and messaging are concerned. Since that is more important to me than the Internet, the 8520 is the better phone for MY needs. So that is what it comes down to - define your needs, prioritize them in the order of necessity, and then research the phones that fill those needs and priorities.

Since you aren't able to currently switch phones, I would also suggest Opera and/or Bolt. With Opera, you can use WiFi, and you should see a nice speed increase in those cases. There isn't much you can do about screen real estate unfortunately.

Also, the majority of us do NOT consider the 85XX an ENTRY level phone. While it is marketed as a Mass Market phone by RIM and the carriers, it is anything but entry level.
    07-01-10 10:13 PM
    The blackberry doesn't have the best browser i agree but you should have researched. The blackberry is great for many other things though
    07-01-10 10:23 PM
    Thanks guys. I do love my 8530. I'm going to try bolt later on when I get a chance.
    07-01-10 10:52 PM
    I'm going with the general consensus here and saying to try BOLT. You can try Opera Mini but for me after I updated my OS the touchpad became WAY to hypersensitive to make it even the slightest bit navigable. I still use the native browser for most things but on the occasional website that the BB Browser can't handle I use BOLT.

07-02-10 06:35 PM
    Bolt is a very nice browser. Download it for sure. But I still use my native browser for a lot of things, too.
    The fact is, if you can't deal with waiting a few seconds for the page to load, then you really shouldn't be using a mobile browser. Just go on the computer. Problem solved.
    07-02-10 10:41 PM
    I'm using Curve 8520..anybody using BOLT knows that if it still leaks memory badly?

Anyway I agree that web browsing on BBs are subpar compared to other devices. But the reason why I like my Curve..is that I have everything "under one thumb". I can access most functions in the phone very quickly. Quicklaunch only increased my satisfaction two-fold.
    07-03-10 12:28 AM
    I would just like to say that I am very disappointed in the performance of my curve 8530. I had been thinking, " I have a BB, I have a great phone and so on." Until today I used my buddies Moto Droid and the internet on that thing is just so much faster and smoother than my BB. I really wish that there was something that I could do to make my BB internet service as fast and smooth as the Droid, or some way that I could get rid of the BB and get one of those phones. But my problem is that I've had the phone since February and I really just thought that was how the internet on a phone was, until I used the Droid. Can anyone help me please?!
    My brother has the Droid. Likes it for apps and browsing but his call quality is horrid. Also can't voice dial on bluetooth. That is a real deal breaker for me. I don't mind the browser I don't have issues with it. BB is solid and everyone has their preference. I prefer BB and am hoping their new webkit is good. Am sure it will be

07-03-10 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD