Hey all, I just got my 8330 a few days ago, and when I went through the initial setup I put in my Gmail account info. Now this is fine and dandy, except I don't want every email I get to show up in my messages list, so I got the Gmail application instead... but how do I turn off Gmail retrieval in the messages? Hopefully you understand my meaning, I'm new to BlackBerry lingo
    08-07-09 01:42 PM
    Delete the gmail account in your BIS
    08-07-09 01:45 PM
    Delete the gmail account in your BIS?
    Sounds plausible, but I have NO idea how to go about doing that... time to do some research

Is it just me, or some stuff harder to do / in a weird place compared to what common sense would tell you?
    08-07-09 01:54 PM
    Find the manage internet email icon, or internet email.. on sprint it is Email Settings, click that icon, you can delete it from there.

or.. BlackBerry Internet Service from a pc

but I dont think you have set it up online so try the icon first.
    08-07-09 01:57 PM
    I just did this the other day. Log into the Gmail app, then click the Blackberry button, then scroll down to settings. Uncheck the box that says "Notify me when there is new mail in my inbox". Hit the Blackberry key again and choose save.
    08-07-09 01:58 PM
    Sounds plausible, but I have NO idea how to go about doing that... time to do some research

Is it just me, or some stuff harder to do / in a weird place compared to what common sense would tell you?
    I agree, some things seem to be more difficult than really necessary. Try this website:

BlackBerry Internet Service
    08-07-09 01:59 PM
    I just did this the other day. Log into the Gmail app, then click the Blackberry button, then scroll down to settings. Uncheck the box that says "Notify me when there is new mail in my inbox". Hit the Blackberry key again and choose save.
    he means (or she) the messages pushed to the device thru BIS, not the app.
    08-07-09 02:01 PM
    he means (or she) the messages pushed to the device thru BIS, not the app.
    He said he originally set it up through BIS, then said he switched to the Gmail app and can't figure out how to stop it there.
    08-07-09 02:03 PM
    He said he originally set it up through BIS, then said he switched to the Gmail app and can't figure out how to stop it there.
    My understanding is the OP wants to stop the push Gmail messages and use the Gmail app.
    08-07-09 02:08 PM
    My understanding is the OP wants to stop the push Gmail messages and use the Gmail app.
    Right, he doesnt want email to show up in messages,... thats push, not the app.. he doesnt want the push email. He soley wants to use the app.
    08-07-09 02:10 PM
    Thank you guys. I guess I didn't realize I had set up a BIS account during the process, so I didn't know what username/password it was asking for under "E-mail setup". I went to the Sprint BIS site, logged in after figuring our what user/pass I had set and deleted my Gmail account from there.

Thanks again!
    08-07-09 02:10 PM
    Any time

Enjoy your crackberry
    08-07-09 02:12 PM
    Glad to help!
    08-07-09 02:13 PM
    I guess I read that one wrong. My fault.
    08-07-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD