Does anyone know how to disable or turn off the camera sound that happens each time you take a picture? Even using the Quiet/Off Profile doesn't work. Any ideas?
    07-17-07 12:44 PM
    You can't, it's there for safety.
    07-17-07 03:15 PM
    Yup FCC mandated this a few years back as due to privacy issues.
    07-17-07 03:54 PM
    That is surprising. I could disable it on my Treo 650 and on my Cingular(HTC) 8525.
    07-18-07 09:10 AM
    FCC did demand this a few years back, there is always a way to get it done on phones, on some its just an audio file that has to be deleted, on others its a setting, on others its a sw based hack that does either of the 2. its just a matter of time before someone figures out the way to do that.

but its for your safety, if you take a picture of lets say, a girls behind, and she notices it, and you do not have the sound on your phone, depending on where you are you could get charged,
    though i can look into it if you want to see if it can be removed or volume lowered some how
    07-18-07 09:54 AM
    thanks guys.
    07-18-07 10:39 AM
    Thx schizo. Good to know. I am new to BB but would appreciate anything you find. It is really more of an annoyance. I have all the other sounds turned off. Have it set to vibrate only for tone and messages and turned off keyboard sounds and trackball click. Just a pet peeve. Thanks again.
    07-18-07 12:00 PM
    Any workaround to this safety feature will not be discussed on this forum.
    07-18-07 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD