does anyone know how to block or stop these damn direct send info from coming everytime someone 2-ways me????
    05-07-09 12:38 PM
    Tell them to set their phone to NOT send the info. There are many posts on this. There's no way to turn it off yet (that I've seen). However, for ANYONE reading this, you can go to:

TALK KEY --> BLACKBERRY KEY --> OPTIONS --> DIRECT CONNECT --> AUTO SEND MY INFO {off}

Tell everyone you know to do this and it will solve your problem... for now.
    05-07-09 05:55 PM
    Yea I know what you mean I get that all the time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 06:12 PM
    Tell them to set their phone to NOT send the info. There are many posts on this. There's no way to turn it off yet (that I've seen). However, for ANYONE reading this, you can go to:

TALK KEY --> BLACKBERRY KEY --> OPTIONS --> DIRECT CONNECT --> AUTO SEND MY INFO {off}

Tell everyone you know to do this and it will solve your problem... for now.
    Man.. it'll take forever to do this to every phone in the company.
    05-10-09 06:12 AM
    Thats the only way to eliminate the issue.
    Just put up with it for now, if enough people complain they may come out with a fix in the next upgrade.....just don't hold your breath for too long
    05-10-09 08:13 AM
    Mines was set to off on my crarckberry but ill do tell all of my nextel friends

05-10-09 08:23 AM
    does anyone know how to block or stop these damn direct send info from coming everytime someone 2-ways me????
    More or less thinking out loud here, but what if a certain service book was deleted. Does anyone know the consequences of that? There is a "provisioning" service book named (conspicuously) DSID... direct send id? Anyone willing to delete it and get some friends to dc ya?
    05-10-09 07:21 PM
    You can delete it and get it back. Just delete and then reroute your host. Done.

05-11-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD