Is there a way to lower the direct connect chirp volume? I don't mean the alert, I just mean the chirp that goes off before you are spoken to. Quite often there is a lot of background noise in our office, so you have the speaker up to your ear and when they press the DC button you get a blast in the ear before they speak. Using the volume down key does not make this quieter and I haven't seen a setting for this to set the volume to low. Any ideas?
    02-26-09 05:14 PM
    ok i know i have an 8350 on nextel... but i dont have anyone to try this on.

if you go into you call log, hit menu, options, direct connect. there is an option to silence DC. i know you just want to turn it down... but that is all i see
    02-26-09 05:32 PM
    anyone know how to make the speaker volume louder while using the DC?

its louder to talk on speaker phone while on a call then it is using DC for some reason

anyone else with this problem?
    03-01-09 06:48 PM
    while you are in a DC call, just turn the vol up... the 2 upper buttons on the right side
    03-01-09 07:16 PM
    while you are in a DC call, just turn the vol up... the 2 upper buttons on the right side
    im not that dense. jk

but i have it set at on and 100%.

just seems its quieter than my 7100i and even my 7250 i used to have.

its strange
    03-01-09 07:48 PM
    Mine is the same way, the speaker seems much quieter while the person is talking than any other phone I've had before.
    03-01-09 07:52 PM
    anyone know a fix for this?
    03-05-09 04:10 PM
    Two things: (to the quiet speaker posts)

1) I just got my 8350i about a week ago and at one point the speaker turned its self off and I had to manually turn it back on. Be sure your speaker is still on.

2) The speaker on the phone is on the top, so if you're used to the front/back speakers, you might want to hold the phone at a slight angle with the top facing your ear. If you look at the top there's two rectangle holes... those are the speakers.
    03-05-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD