Hi All.
    I have got a little problem, cou[ple of days ago I got a BB Curve 8520 locked under Orange UK. Phone than has been unlocked to all networks. Now, if I put my o2 sim in I can browse internet but if I try to make a call I get �Dial Failed� message.
    I really like that phone and I�m a bit worried that it may be busted.

I hope that someone may be able to help me, that would be great.

Thank You for any help.
    05-24-10 10:50 AM
    The dial feature is only effective under branded phones. In the states, if you have an unlocked GSM phone, usually it's the data plan that has issues because that is branded to carrier-specific. In the UK or Ireland, it's different. See if O2 will brand and program your phone for you. If not, contact RIM.
    05-24-10 09:51 PM
    Hi All.
    I have got a little problem, cou[ple of days ago I got a BB Curve 8520 locked under Orange UK. Phone than has been unlocked to all networks. Now, if I put my o2 sim in I can browse internet but if I try to make a call I get �Dial Failed� message.
    I really like that phone and I�m a bit worried that it may be busted.

I hope that someone may be able to help me, that would be great.

Thank You for any help.
    Have you resent your service books and done a battery pull after wards? Unlocking a phone should have no effect on using the phone. I have an unlocked 8520 and it works flawlessly on both phone and data.
    05-24-10 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD