I've had my Curve exactly 2 years. It has started randonly crashing (not just turning off) in the middle of use. Need to plug it into a charger to restart. ATT stores say buy a new one. Battery removal doesn't help. Is there a cure, other than a new phone?
    08-12-09 09:13 AM
    I suggest wiping the device and installing the latest os from att. Since I'm on my phone I can't get you the links right now. But if you don't know how to, head to the 101 series on this site and there are excellent guides on how to do it. The latest official operating system from att is the .110. Which is what I use. Its very stable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 09:29 AM
    Also BBs need a daily reset. Turning it off and on does not reset it. You can use left alt, right shift and delete to reboot similar to a battery pull. That's the best medicine for your BB. All BB OSs have memory leaks and the reset recovers the lost memory.
    08-12-09 11:03 AM
    Have you tried a different Battery or check the connections on the battery. A wipe and use the phone for a while without 3rd party apps or any synced info to see if the resetting is not the software or hardware, then sync info and verify problem is gone then reload 3rd party apps.
    08-12-09 11:06 AM
    Sounds like your battery is tired and old and needs to be replaced, they don't last forever.

Plug the phone into a charger and do the things that cause the phone to crash, restart. If it is ok while plugged into the charger, then it is a bad battery.

Replace the battery with a new one. You can buy a new, OEM battery from amazon sellers for under $10 which includes shipping.
    08-12-09 12:56 PM
    I'm actually experiencing the same symptoms with my BB 8310 curve. Here's all the info I have on what I've done. So I've had the phone for almost a year now and I never upgraded the OS till yesterday. I did the basic straight upgrade as posted on these forums. I upgraded to package version 4.5.0.75 first, the one that says multilanguage second one down on the BB site, because I wasn't sure about the ones that said eastern asia. Everything was good until the phone started crashing during my phone calls. This has never happened before until yesterday. So it did it a few more times and I started searching the forums and did the wipe and clean install of the latest OS. I then did a clean install of package version 4.5.0.81. Same thing is still happening. I've been reading some of the previous posts and I know it's not my battery. All I wanted to do is have the ability to record on my damn BB. Does anyone have any suggestions on which package to download? Or where can I find the att .110 OS so i can go back to what I originally had? Thanks for any help and or info, I appreciate the help!!

-Peter
    08-12-09 01:47 PM
    At the blackberry site go to handset software , carrier and see what At&t has listed there...
    08-12-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD