I've got several birthdays listed in my calendar from my contacts. They automatically generate a calendar entry when you put their birthday into the contact information.

Anyway, for some reason, my device will change the birthday time from 00:00 to 23:45. Since it is an all day event, this spreads the birthday over two days.

I have checked the settings on the device and in Outlook (using 2003 version), and cannot find anything that would cause this. I've even gone to the point of manually changing every entry in the device to 00:00. My Outlook file is fine, as all times are listed as 00:00 and only occupy one day. But, I even went into Outlook and manually reset all the birthdays to 00:00 and saved them.

I have my default starting time set to 00:00 and ending at the same time, giving me a full 24 hour day on my calendar.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, have you figured out a solution for it?

I've tried battery pulls, re-syncing, manual adjustments and re-syncing, and even changing the settings to have Oulook overwrite the handheld. But, when I change it back to two-way sync, it will still try to change the birthdays back to 23:45, spreading them over two days again.

This is about to drive me nuts!!
    03-31-09 01:02 AM
    well reports have been made that the new update will fix a calander bug but i am not sure if this is the issue or not! try not leaving the time set to zero hundred hours and use 12 hour format if you have to indicate b-days in your calender but are using 12 hour format for your clock!
    03-31-09 08:53 AM
    Thanks JLJ,

I have changed and re-synced everything I can change. Time format, Time Zone, Location, turned off daylight savings on my PC...

The bad thing is, I have missed two appointments in the past week because of this stupid thing changing my times. Now, it is an hour ahead of time. I've checked the times in Outlook and all of them are correct. Set to one-way sync and deleted, added all calendar entries and the SOB is STILL changing the times.

I've even changed the settings on the Date/Time to use Network Time, Blackberry Time, and Update and Not Update with the sync.

Apparently it must just be me with this issue because I can't find it anywhere else and no one else has responded.

Thanks for your time, though!
    03-31-09 10:23 PM
    tried to look for an app i heard about but cant remember the name. it was a cal app!
    04-02-09 09:17 AM
    are you on a bes?
    04-02-09 09:34 AM
    Mine was switching my time zone and messing up my appointments, I think I just found out why. When you sync. in the desktop manager in synchronize section unclick "update device date and time" box. Mine would change the device to pacific every time and I had no idea.
    04-02-09 07:05 PM
    Had same problem. Always different time. I changed time zone for one hour and then turned off network time, also do not sync time/date.
    04-02-09 09:25 PM
    Navy, I'm not on a BES. Just plain old BIS.

I've unchecked the time update as well. Still friggin changing the time. Now, instead of 15 minutes, it changes it one hour. Backward. This still makes my birthdays and anniversaries spread over two days.

I've had to manually edit every single one on the device to fix it.

Then, as if that isn't bad enough, it wants to change my Outlook times as well, screwing up all my Outlook dates when I sync. This means that every time I add or change something in the calendar on the device, I can't sync it back with my desktop.

I've checked all my time zones, both on device and desktop. I even went in and disabled DST on the desktop, hoping that may have been it. NOT! I'm at a total loss.
    04-04-09 07:30 PM
    Navy, I'm not on a BES. Just plain old BIS.

I've unchecked the time update as well. Still friggin changing the time. Now, instead of 15 minutes, it changes it one hour. Backward. This still makes my birthdays and anniversaries spread over two days.

I've had to manually edit every single one on the device to fix it.

Then, as if that isn't bad enough, it wants to change my Outlook times as well, screwing up all my Outlook dates when I sync. This means that every time I add or change something in the calendar on the device, I can't sync it back with my desktop.

I've checked all my time zones, both on device and desktop. I even went in and disabled DST on the desktop, hoping that may have been it. NOT! I'm at a total loss.
    by chance look in your appointment settings, and look to see if maybe you have a reminder set for 15 minutes before, or that the timezone is set correctly
    04-04-09 07:38 PM
    Thanks Casp.

I've done that as well. All reminders are set for 18 hours and the time zones are all Eastern Time (GMT -5).

I've tried every setting I can find. Still no luck.
    04-04-09 08:44 PM
    Thanks Casp.

I've done that as well. All reminders are set for 18 hours and the time zones are all Eastern Time (GMT -5).

I've tried every setting I can find. Still no luck.
    in your date and time settings.... what does your network time show? is it correct?
    04-04-09 08:46 PM
    Yes, I'm using Network Time and it is correct. I've even tried changing that setting to none and to blackberry.

Just weird. I've checked every setting in Outlook to see if maybe that's where it is coming from. Everything is set correctly in Outlook as well.

I even upgraded Outlook to 2007, and that still didn't fix anything.

Thanks for the help!
    04-04-09 08:51 PM
    Yes, I'm using Network Time and it is correct. I've even tried changing that setting to none and to blackberry.

Just weird. I've checked every setting in Outlook to see if maybe that's where it is coming from. Everything is set correctly in Outlook as well.

I even upgraded Outlook to 2007, and that still didn't fix anything.

Thanks for the help!
    try 1 way sync and see if that tells you where the problem is coming from....

go from comp to BB... see if it changes

if not

go from BB to comp
    04-04-09 08:56 PM
    Thanks Casp. I just did that as well. On the PC, the Birthdays and Anniversaries have NO start or end time, they are listed as events.

On the device, they automatically set to 1AM as the start time and 1 AM as the end time. This is where the two day spread is coming from.

In Outlook, there is a way to set the start time to 12AM and end time to 12AM, but this has made absolutely no difference. It still changes the times to 1AM start and end.

Funny thing is, after I 1-way to the device, then change the settings to 2-way and re-sync, it tries to overwrite the Outlook settings to the wrong time. It has to be something on the device doing it, but I cannot find anything anywhere.

I've checked the Date/Time under the Options menu. I've checked the General Options under the Calendar App. Everything is set correctly. I just don't know.

I appreciate your input. I'm beginning to think I'm going to follow your signature advice. I've got insurance, and I have a lawn mower....
    04-04-09 09:07 PM
    Thanks Casp. I just did that as well. On the PC, the Birthdays and Anniversaries have NO start or end time, they are listed as events.

On the device, they automatically set to 1AM as the start time and 1 AM as the end time. This is where the two day spread is coming from.

In Outlook, there is a way to set the start time to 12AM and end time to 12AM, but this has made absolutely no difference. It still changes the times to 1AM start and end.

Funny thing is, after I 1-way to the device, then change the settings to 2-way and re-sync, it tries to overwrite the Outlook settings to the wrong time. It has to be something on the device doing it, but I cannot find anything anywhere.

I've checked the Date/Time under the Options menu. I've checked the General Options under the Calendar App. Everything is set correctly. I just don't know.

I appreciate your input. I'm beginning to think I'm going to follow your signature advice. I've got insurance, and I have a lawn mower....

lol..... try one more thing before mowing the lawn

what do you have your start and end of day set at???
    04-04-09 09:11 PM
    Believe it or not, I've even tried changing that. I normally have it set from 8AM to 8PM (my normal work shift).

I've changed that to 12AM to 12AM, thinking along the same line as you. No difference.

The only thing I can come up with is something to do with DST, but I've tried enabling that and disabling it with no change in the problems.

I couldn't find a setting on the BB about DST. But, why is it just MY BB? I've not seen one other person with this issue.

My wife's BB doesn't do it, either. Just mine. This is why I don't think it has anything to do with my PC (she sync's her's with the same PC).
    04-04-09 09:18 PM
    Believe it or not, I've even tried changing that. I normally have it set from 8AM to 8PM (my normal work shift).

I've changed that to 12AM to 12AM, thinking along the same line as you. No difference.

The only thing I can come up with is something to do with DST, but I've tried enabling that and disabling it with no change in the problems.

I couldn't find a setting on the BB about DST. But, why is it just MY BB? I've not seen one other person with this issue.

My wife's BB doesn't do it, either. Just mine. This is why I don't think it has anything to do with my PC (she sync's her's with the same PC).
    have you tried start at 12:01 and end at 11:59
    04-04-09 09:23 PM
    No, I'll try that now. Thanks.
    04-04-09 09:35 PM
    Casp,

That didn't work either. I even tried setting my time zone back an hour and that screwed up every appointment. Thanks for all your ideas.
    04-04-09 10:41 PM
    Ok,

Finally found out that I had to download a new DST update for XP. The last update I had was in August 2008, this one came out in December 2008. This fixed the issue. Hope no one else runs into this.
    04-06-09 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD