i used 2 have a curve 8300 and on my desktop, i had this fly erykah badu picture. but now that i switched to my 8900, i can only see the pic when my desktop has only 5 icons at the bottom. but when i click on the bb menu key to see all my icons, the pic dissapears.

how do i get 2 see all my icons and still have the picture in the background?

also, i have diff downloaded applications which only appear in my downloads icon. for example: google maps, facebook, nytimes, etc...

i'd like the icons 4 these applications 2 appear directly on my desktop without goin thru the downloads icon.

any help will b apreciated... thx in advance!!!
    03-14-09 10:05 AM
    To have the picture remain on the background will require a new theme. All 8900 themes being released currently are being created through a leaked beta release of the theme building software, Plazmic. There are often bugs in the themes so I currently do not recommend using them. A4 for getting certain icons to the front desktop, when you highlight an icon, press your menu button (left of the trackbal) and select move to folder. Then select the folder. "Home". From there you can move it to the top row. The top 5 icons are the ones shown on your BB desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 11:29 AM
    Yes, you will need a new theme, but like gregerator said the theme creator software company Plazmic has only released the BETA version so far and most of the current themes created using it are unstable.

Usually the top 5 icons are the 5 icons on your Home page... rearrange them on your secondary screen.

I recommend you check out the Blackberry 101 lessons here on CB... there are a LOT of answers to alot of questions there... I've added a link in my signature below.
    03-14-09 01:16 PM
    Yup, they are right it is the theme. Personally I prefer not to have my wallpaper up on the menu as it makes the screen more busy and you can't see some of the icons. But hey hope you find the theme that you're looking for
    03-14-09 04:27 PM
    i will look into gettin a new theme
    03-15-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD