I am getting confused with the deleting options this phone has to offer. I think that i am overthinking the issue.. But we will see..

Anyways when i receive an e-mail it goes to the messages folder and the source folder where i linked it. Ok not a problem..

Here are my questions...

1) When i go to delete said E-mail from the MESSAGES folder using either On Handheld or On Handheld & Mailbox the email is deleted from both the Messages folder and the e-mail folder on the phone.. Why is that?

2) Now just reverse it up top. If i delete the email from the email folder on the phone again using On Handheld or On Handheld & Mailbox again it will delete it from the e-mail folder and messages folder..

I do not have the BIS set up to delete it from the phone and computer.

But i guess i am asking what is the difference between On Handheld vs. On Handheld & Mailbox
    08-12-09 12:32 PM
    Nevermind i think i figured it out. You need to open the email first.

If you open the e-mail then select On Handheld & Mailbox it will delete it off the phone and from my computer... But if you do not open the e-mail and select either option it will delete off the phone but not the computer
    08-12-09 12:41 PM
    The "& mailbox" is equal to your computer. If you want to retain the message in your computer e-mail inbox, do not select this option.
    08-12-09 12:45 PM
    Nevermind i think i figured it out. You need to open the email first.

If you open the e-mail then select On Handheld & Mailbox it will delete it off the phone and from my computer... But if you do not open the e-mail and select either option it will delete off the phone but not the computer
    Whether I open it or not, if I select the "& mailbox" option, it deletes on my computer as well. I don't find this to be of concern, just clarifying.
    Last edited by spydrwebb; 08-12-09 at 12:48 PM. Reason: missed word, didn't make sense
    08-12-09 12:47 PM
    The difference is whether you want to delete the message from your BB only or from your BB and the Yahoo server too.

I used Yahoo as an example.

If you delete the email from Mailbox then it deletes it from your Yahoo inbox on Yahoo's server. So if you access your Yahoo email from a PC the email won't be there.

Hope that makes sense

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 12:48 PM
    Sorry, I'm a slow typer

08-12-09 12:51 PM
    The options can be confusing at time and that is what this site is for

08-12-09 12:57 PM
    Whether I open it or not, if I select the "& mailbox" option, it deletes on my computer as well. I don't find this to be of concern, just clarifying.
    If i do not open the email, and select the "& mailbox" it will still be saved onto my computer
    08-12-09 01:40 PM
    If i do not open the email, and select the "& mailbox" it will still be saved onto my computer
    Yeah this occurs with me too on ONE unopened email, however, scroll and highlight multiple, then choose to delete the options to delete from the mailbox will pop up too,
    08-12-09 01:50 PM
    Ok i am all clear. Sent myself some test emails and it all makes sense now..

But why does it take ~10 mins to get the email to come to my BB.. It shows up on my computer almost instantly, but it takes about 10 mins to come to the BB....
    08-12-09 02:14 PM
    Whenever the server polls.
    08-12-09 02:15 PM
    Ok i am all clear. Sent myself some test emails and it all makes sense now..

But why does it take ~10 mins to get the email to come to my BB.. It shows up on my computer almost instantly, but it takes about 10 mins to come to the BB....
    Set up a bb acc. with your carrier and then go to your email providers site and set it up to cc your bb account. This will get the emails as soon as they hit your server....
    08-12-09 02:47 PM
    Set up a bb acc. with your carrier and then go to your email providers site and set it up to cc your bb account. This will get the emails as soon as they hit your server....
    These are the emails that i have on my BB

name@uscellular.blackberry.com

name1@comcast.net

name2@comcast.net

all three emails were set up using BIS... So then how on my comcast acct. can i get it so the emails are sent right away to the phone?
    08-12-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD