I've been having problems with getting free space on my memory card. I tend to delete some of my music albums on my memory card, just so i can add different albums to listen to. For some reason though, when i delete some of my albums, the space won't free up. I kept trying to add just one album of 14 songs onto my 2GB card, and it kept saying that there was not enough free space. Well i deleted 3 albums, two with around 15 tracks, and one with 27, and it still read as having the same amount of memory left on the card; which of course, resulted in the same not enough free space message being displayed. Mind you i'm using a usb cord and mac computer to update my phone.

Anyone have any idea of whats going on?
    03-06-09 03:35 AM
    You might need to disconnect the BB from the computer and let the BB rescan the card to update.

If that doesn't work then do a battery pull to reset everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 03:49 AM
    I would try removing the BB from the computer then reconnecting it and if that doesn't work then perhaps you have other things on the card also. You should be able to put much much more than 42 songs on 2gb.

Although also when in doubt battery pull. Generally the fix all for random odd problems.
    03-06-09 03:50 AM
    If you are using a Mac and are deleting them using the Mac, then you need to empty the trash before you disconnect the device from the computer.

When you delete items that are on a removable drive using a Mac, the Mac creates a hidden .trashes folder on the device. Emptying the trash before you disconnect completes the deletion process.

Search all your hidden folders/files to file the folder and delete it.
    03-06-09 07:40 AM
    You might need to disconnect the BB from the computer and let the BB rescan the card to update.

If that doesn't work then do a battery pull to reset everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I would try removing the BB from the computer then reconnecting it and if that doesn't work then perhaps you have other things on the card also. You should be able to put much much more than 42 songs on 2gb.

Although also when in doubt battery pull. Generally the fix all for random odd problems.
    If you are using a Mac and are deleting them using the Mac, then you need to empty the trash before you disconnect the device from the computer.

When you delete items that are on a removable drive using a Mac, the Mac creates a hidden .trashes folder on the device. Emptying the trash before you disconnect completes the deletion process.

Search all your hidden folders/files to file the folder and delete it.
    All great points like they suggested. Wolf makes a great point about how many songs can fit on a 2gb card. Did you format the card?
    03-06-09 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD