I've just now realized that when I use the "delete prior" function in my SMS folder that all of my BBM messenger conversations end and the history is deleted. Is there any way to not include BBM in this function?
    02-03-09 05:09 PM
    Nope if you choose delete prior, then it all goes.
    02-03-09 05:10 PM
    shucks.

but thanks...
    02-03-09 05:18 PM
    You can also hold your shift key on message and roll the ball to highlight everything up to the BBM message and delete that way as well
    02-03-09 05:20 PM
    Maybe a dumb question, but if the message is already sent, but not read by the recipient, does it delete that too? Or will they still see the message? I'm asking because I'm keep being told that they are not receiving my message when I follow up with them after no reply. Could be another issue though.
    02-04-09 12:18 PM
    If it showing sent from you, then if you delete it will not dlete from their end. Must be another issue going on.
    02-04-09 12:21 PM
    I've just now realized that when I use the "delete prior" function in my SMS folder that all of my BBM messenger conversations end and the history is deleted. Is there any way to not include BBM in this function?
    I know some themes will separate messages so you can have just a SMS folder. I've used those themes and just deleted my texts. It would still do BBM/Yahoo convo's, but since the icon is different, at least its a little easier to move around; instead of the emails being there too
    02-04-09 12:24 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, you can go Alt+S and it will only display SMS messages. I may be wrong but it's worth a try. I don't currently have any BBM messages so I can't do it myself.
    02-04-09 12:30 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, you can go Alt+S and it will only display SMS messages. I may be wrong but it's worth a try. I don't currently have any BBM messages so I can't do it myself.
    The alt + s does work! I just tried it. I never know about that, thanks for sharing If you hit the back button when you are done, it will go back to the normal view and show all messages (like bbm,yahoo, emails)
    02-04-09 12:35 PM
    Alt+S does open just SMS message. If that doesn't work for you, you can go to menu>View Folder and then select the SMS inbox and outbox individually and delete all your SMS that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 12:40 PM
    Here is the solution to the problem:

From within your SMS app: Menu Key/Options/General Options/ scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes and change it to Separate. My choices are Theme Controlled, Combined, and Separate. It was set to combined when I got it and I changed it and have not had a problem deleting anything else but the SMS when I use delete prior. Same thing with my email accounts. They're all independantly controlled from this setting.

Hope this helps!

Sounds as if you're in the messages app due to them not being separated. I just realized that even if they're separated and you access SMS from the Messages app, rather than the SMS/MMS app, it WILL delete all. That's the main reason I separated. Some users like all the message apps in one place, I prefer to have everything separate (e.g. SMS/MMS, email accts., BBM)
    Last edited by BadBob; 02-04-09 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Update:
    02-04-09 08:53 PM
    Hey, thanks everyone. Didn't know about the alt+s command which is really cool. I also have my sms options set to seperate so I think there's another issue going on with the my recipient's phone. I appreciate all the advice
    02-04-09 10:02 PM
    Also, within BBM, hit menu, options and change Show conversations in messages list to no
    02-05-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD