I had a friend goof around and download some files on to my Berry. I understand that I can use BBScout to access the file system, but I do not seem to find the Downloads folder in the File Structure.
    04-19-09 12:24 AM
    The programs that are there are Telenav (which I don't care to pay for) and MySpace, where I don't have an account. Neither are shown in Applications, so I cannot remove from there.

Is there anyway to navigate to Downloads and delete these files?
    04-19-09 08:50 PM
    If you can't see the downloads folder, it might be hidden. From the home screen, press the bb key twice to bring up the menu and then select show all. Now look for the downloads folder. Once found, highlight the downloads folder, press the bb key to bring up the menu and select hide to unhide it. You then try selecting the app in the downloads folder, pressing the bb key and selecting delete. If you are having trouble removing the apps from the device, you can also connect it to the computer and use app loader to remove.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 04-19-09 at 09:18 PM.
    04-19-09 09:16 PM
    These are being pushed by your carrier. They are service books and can be deleted, but will come back. The best thing to do is just hide the icons. Your friend did nothing.

04-19-09 09:20 PM
    Options>Advanced Option>Service Books and locate the service books for the icons you do not want, delete them. They will be gone. Off your device gone. Every so often your carrier may send your device service books, it doesn't happen often, but if it does, just re-delete the service books and poof...gone. ATT recently "pushed" a ton of garbage to my phone. The moment I noticed it...poof. Its gone now. I consider unwanted pushed content very low rent and shameful on a carriers part. Especially when I'm paying top dollar for everything they offer.

04-19-09 09:21 PM
    Grrrr. They seem to pop back on every hard reset too.

04-20-09 06:10 AM
    Yes, they do that. That is why I suggest hiding them. They have a very small thumprint as they are links to download and not the app itself. All carriers do this for one thing or another.

04-20-09 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD