Hi guys,

I have just got a new curve, and in the downloads folder there is about 8 applications. Aim, icq, myspace etc.

I am only using facebook, so how can I delete the others? I haven't installed any of the others, but the icons are still there.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 02:30 PM
    Mine did not come with any factory apps. Just click the BB button and delete or open up your desktop manager with blackberry connected and delete them from there.
    08-01-09 02:39 PM
    U can go into options and then applications and delete the ones u don't want

08-01-09 02:40 PM
    A lot of times what you think are from the factory, as you call them, are actually from your cell phone provider and they are send via your service books... a few of mine you can not delete... I just hide them... out of site, out of mind.

Some you can delete... I prefer to try using DM... if they come back they are be pushed from your provider and you can then hide them... that's my suggestion anyways.
    08-01-09 02:42 PM
    I really congratulate you to this forum where people can share their thoughts and more then it they can help each other in all respect.

-----------------

Alken

Best Offer in Communication medium
    That's what this is here for, we're a community of Berry brothers and sisters lol

08-01-09 03:05 PM
    Thanks for the replies so far guys.

The applications are not in the applications list as they have not been installed. The icons are there though and if I click one it starts to download the app. Its like a download shortcut, but if I use the blackberry button on them I only get move hide close, no delete option.

Thanks.

08-01-09 04:01 PM
    Yep, like Fatboy mentioned, these are pushed from your provider as service books. Unfortunately, all you can do is hide them because if you delete the shortcut then they will come back the next time the service books are sent to your device.
    08-01-09 05:19 PM
    Hi guys,

I have just got a new curve, and in the downloads folder there is about 8 applications. Aim, icq, myspace etc.

I am only using facebook, so how can I delete the others? I haven't installed any of the others, but the icons are still there.

Thanks.

Here is the thread that will link you to CrackMem on here. One of our Moderators(Pete6) was nice enough to provide it to all members.....for free. Check it out. It is a very "valuable app to save some time. All you need to know about it is in the thread
    08-01-09 05:48 PM
    Here is the thread that will link you to CrackMem on here. One of our Moderators(Pete6) was nice enough to provide it to all members.....for free. Check it out. It is a very "valuable app to save some time. All you need to know about it is in the thread
    CrackMem is a great app and Pete6 is a legend for writing it. Unfortunately, it will not help the OP in this case because the app shortcuts on the device are pushed through the service books and not actually installed on the device.
    08-01-09 05:58 PM
    CrackMem is a great app and Pete6 is a legend for writing it. Unfortunately, it will not help the OP in this case because the app shortcuts on the device are pushed through the service books and not actually installed on the device.
    agreed. wish you could block certain service books
    08-01-09 06:02 PM
    agreed. wish you could block certain service books
    No Kidding!!! AT&T is notorious for spamming phones will all sorts of links to crap they want you to spend more money on.
    08-01-09 06:05 PM
    Thanks Aristile.
    Well in that case, sorry, mrcraigberry. On a side note, download the CrackMem(anyway) for future use - especially after you spend more time on your Blackberry and become an addict. Once you download the latest version you will see where I was going with my comments. I don't use any of them, so I understand your reasoning. But, as stated hide and forget about them. Also, if no one has said it.........Welcome to CB
    08-01-09 06:41 PM
    No Kidding!!! AT&T is notorious for spamming phones will all sorts of links to crap they want you to spend more money on.
    Uh, yah. I agree.
    08-01-09 06:46 PM
    I agree as well, definitely give CrackMem a look when you are to the point where you have enough experience to upgrade your OS. It really is a great app!
    08-01-09 07:15 PM
    All you have to do is go into options>advanced options>service book and find what you want to delete then highlight it push the menu button and select delete...they will however return after battery pull etc. hope this helped (;

08-01-09 08:25 PM
    All you have to do is go into options>advanced options>service book and find what you want to delete then highlight it push the menu button and select delete...they will however return after battery pull etc. hope this helped (;

Which, is exactly why we instead gave the advice to just hide the icons and forget about them.
    08-01-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD