I've just bought a 4Gb card for my curve and filled it up with music using the basic windows method with the blackberry connected on the usb (rather than the roxio program method).

When I disconnected the usb cable some of the albums appeared, and over the next 20 mins they all appeared - apart from 2 artists. They aren't the biggest folders on the card and they show up when I connect via usb. Both have 3 albums in their artists folder. I have other artists with bigger folders, containing more albums.

Why is this??
    07-25-08 11:22 AM
    Why is this??
    That's just the way it works. Whenever you plug your device into your pc and you have mass storage mode enabled, when you disconnect it, it reads through everything on the card. You said you filled it up... that means there are probably hundreds (thousands?) of mp3's on the card. Every time you disconnect your device it is re-reading all the tag info on every single song you have on that card. That's how it builds the album, artists and etc. lists. Personally I just make playlists for all the albums I load on my card, then I just go to playlists and I don't have to fuss with the other junk.

As for the ones not showing up, they probably don't have proper tag info. That's also why I like to just create my own playlists. There is a link in my signature to some MP3 tools... you can use mp3tag to correct or add the tags to any bad files.
    07-25-08 11:58 AM
    Sorry for the delay in replying.

I think your probably right about the tags, although it would be strange as they are from cd's I'd ripped in, and there are other albums that have showed up that were also ripped in.

When I boot up my pc later, I will check out your mp3 tools. Thanks for the link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD