Please help! A couple of weeks ago I dropped my 8900 in a very large puddle and the screen was still active when I fished it out. I immediately pulled the battery & sim and left it in the airing cupboard for about 48 hours before putting it back together. When I put the battery in it had a white screen with a battery icon in the middle with a red slash across it so I plugged it into the wall charger overnight but the following morning the screen was blank and it seemed as though the battery had died. I tried plugging it into my pc and following the instructions given somewhere else on this site about re-installing the os but although my pc recognised the phone the program asked me to charge the battery before continuing so just in case the battery had been water damaged I took it out, put the phone back in the airing cupboard and ordered a new battery. My battery has now arrived so I tried putting it back in and plugging it into the wall charger but all I get is the red light in the top corner followed by the white screen with battery icon in the middle with a red slash across it. I have also tried plugging it into the usb on my pc but the same thing is happening and I'm afraid the battery is going to drain before I get chance to try and fix the problem. Can anyone help or have I killed my beloved Blackberry?
    09-12-10 02:03 AM
    Lots of 'views' but not a single reply and I'm becoming lost without my berry. At the moment the berry is still intact, all I have done is dry it out very thoroughly, my thoughts being that it was only rainwater (not cola, lemonade etc) so it should dry out. Neither the original nor the new fully charged battery is being recognised, just getting the battery symbol with a red slash. I just dont know where to go from here and I could really use some advice. I've never attempted dismantling the berry before or any other phone or anything like it, so the next move for me is very important and I dont want to get it wrong. I'm considering removing the main circuit board, taking off the plastic imei /information label, then cleaning the whole thing with an eyeglass cleaning spray (isopropyl alcohol). If this doesn't work then maybe reloading the operating system using the info in 'lecture 101 reloading the Operating System on a BlackBerry that�s totally Nuked'. Am I going in the right direction? Or is there something else I should be trying? Ali kat.
    09-14-10 01:39 AM
    Well I've dismantled it, not a trace of water or even the slightest trace of water staining. Cleaned everything off with alcohol dried with a hair dryer and reassembled. Made no difference. Downloaded the latest device software and followed exactly 'lecture 101 reloading the Operating System on a BlackBerry that�s totally Nuked' . It's a bit tricky but got it to reload the device software, however while completing the install and during re-boot the berry shows a battery symbol with a cross through it and on the computer I get the error message 'Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.' This is driving me bonkers and I am lost without my berry. I really need help/advice. ali Kat
    09-14-10 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD