I have an 8310 Curve. Last week it just quit. The only thing it does is led blinks longer and slower than normal and nothing else. No screen or anything. Have tried a couple of examples posted here about restoring a dead bb to no avail. On a vista sys. when you get to the last command, it doesn't recognize or accept it. The same on an xp sys. HELP??
    10-09-09 11:51 PM
    have you used the restore dead bb post that told you to use the apploader ? is so what other posts have you tried I had the same problem and I did get it to work so tell me what you have tried and I'll be happy to help
    10-10-09 01:01 AM
    yes. I tried the one that wants you to use the dos based version, from a vista and an xp system. On the vista sys. at the last command entry for NOJVM, the computer says that that is a command that is not applicable or recognized, or something like that. Can't remember exactly except that it didn't work. On xp sys. got the window that said can't find the phone. Same thing on the example to use the windows based app loader after deleting the last line, then trying to get it to trick the system by being quick at choosing next before it truly tries to recognize the phone. Either way I still have the same dead bb. Thanks.
    10-10-09 09:15 AM
    Take a look at this BlackBerry 101 Lecture. It should work for you.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    10-10-09 10:50 AM
    Tried that one too. Never did find the bb.
    10-10-09 04:38 PM
    Hey folks. I went and got a new battery and let the bb sit charging for awhile. Now everything is back to normal. Such an easy fix for a drastic problem. Thanks to ALL the posts on fixing a dead bb. I hope everyone else's fixes this easy. Thanks again.
    10-10-09 07:15 PM
    Glad your back up and running. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD