I tried some of the suggestions on here for trying to reload my OS and it doesn't seem to do anything. DM does not see the phone at all. Matter of fact that's how it started.... DM Said I needed to update the OS so I let it do it, during the process it crashed and will not power on.

I do not get a screen of any kind and the led flashes twice. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you I know there have been other posts on this issue but all appear to refer to the screen being blank or white or in a reboot cycle but mine does not do any of that.

Thanks again!
    10-01-09 05:52 AM
    Have you tried the two guides, both links in my sig below:

How to recover a dead blackberry

Reload the OS on a nuked blackberry, try the tip in step #2 regarding taking the battery out.
    10-01-09 05:56 AM
    yes. I was soo thrilled to find those two posts that I stayed up late last night to try them both. Taking the battery gave me revised hope at 12am but it didn't work after several tries.

I tried it both. Now I also tried it with the command line and with windows. Each time the app loader comes up and when I connect the phone it does find the USB connection which gets me to the next screen but that's where it changes from the instructions you gave. The screen isnt' the same and I think that's because of the device but either way I can browse to the files on my pc and select any of the ones I downloaded from BB and it says this device doesn't support them....and that's as far as I can get.
    10-01-09 07:14 AM
    Did you download the correct OS for your BB? Check the label under the battery. If you have an MEID number then you have to use the 8330m OS, not the regular 8330 OS.
    10-01-09 07:24 AM
    awesome! I do have an meid number. I'll download the m now. thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.
    10-01-09 07:29 AM
    OS helped get further, this time it says:
    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]

I am going to try a few more times.
    10-01-09 08:20 AM
    Try #2 w/ battery installed
    A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.

Try #3 w/ battery installed
    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

(LED stopped flashing after OS screen comes up on pc)

Try #4 w/ battery installed

Try #5 w/o battery installed
    A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.

(LED never stops flashing & no OS Screen)

Try #6 w/o battery installed

10-01-09 08:34 AM
    have you try to use the apploader instead of the DM
    10-01-09 10:22 AM
    using Loader.exe, I think that's the apploader but PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. I think I got that from the original instructions.
    10-01-09 10:39 AM
    yes you are rigth that is the program
    10-01-09 10:46 AM
    So I have pretty much the same issue. i have tried everything above but i was getting the error code [A:0x00000001] instead of [A:0x00000025] and now I am getting an error that says:

10-01-09 11:13 AM
    ok perhaps somethiing inside is causing the crash, normally that will work if you have done everything, try finding the post of bbsak, that will make you wipe your phone try to deleted everuthing that cause the problem, take out your sim card your micro sd card, an then try the upload, but remmember to have the exact os you need for your bb, an when you installed remmember to delete your vendor.xml file
    10-01-09 11:20 AM
    I will try that. For those keeping score.. the phone is still winning, latest error.

Also all of my tests have been without any cards (sprint = no sim card).

Thanks for the continued help. Really love this site and the people on it. Thanks again!
    10-01-09 12:53 PM
    tried BBSAK but it will not connect, also tried the apploader ... again at it gave same results.
    10-01-09 02:22 PM
    oh and vendor.xml is gone. that was done before all the previous stuff was posted, I should have mentioned that before.
    10-01-09 02:24 PM
    I will try that. For those keeping score.. the phone is still winning, latest error.

Also all of my tests have been without any cards (sprint = no sim card).

Thanks for the continued help. Really love this site and the people on it. Thanks again!
    Are you following the instructions for updating after the battery is removed, you have to be sure to reinstall the battery after the PIN is detected. Reread the directions. I'm pretty sure that is why you are getting the connection errors.
    10-01-09 02:42 PM
    same error but will try agian later and review the instructions again.

10-01-09 03:54 PM

Re read instructions again. Once it gets to the Updating Your Device screen it fails, no status bar increase at all. I think this thing is toast, although it amazes me.
    10-01-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD