Hey Hey,

Long story. Short version: I bought a new Bberry and family planed with my old 8330 which I am giving to my father as an emergency phone (will only be used for calls on a shared minute package) as it was cheaper this way.

I got my bill, and noticed some data charges on it for my 8330. I called my carrier (Bell) and was informed that the charges (only 8$ but I dont want to pay that each month) were due to email push (wow im an ***** for not removing my email).

SO i went to edit my emails and for some reason the email config app wouldn't load. So I can't get my emails unregistered. Does anyone know for certain if turning off the Data feature of the phone will stop all of the push content from coming through and therefore me getting charged for it?

OR
    Any ideas on what the issue was with the email setup not loading? (It hasn't been deleted, it would just say 'retrieving' and never load - did battery pull, and checked and data was enabled at the time)

Cheers!
    07-13-10 08:16 PM
    I would think turning off the data in Mobile Network options should do the trick. You could also go to Menu/Options/Advanced Options/Browser Push and uncheck all boxes and reject all permissions. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD