Hi, new to the forums here, and I have to say that I'm loving my first Bberry so far. I've recently come up with a problem however that I can't find the solution to on the internet, so I decided to post here.

Now, I know that my 8310 is an EDGE phone only and cannot support simultaneous data and voice connections. Yet, when I'm in the middle of the call, random data connections keep interrupting my calls about every half second, so I can never understand what the person on the other line is saying (The double arrow icon will appear over the call icon).

Now, I've tried pinpointing which application is doing these random connections, but to no success. As of now applications which use data on my 8310 are:
    1. BBWeather
    2. Opera Mini
    3. Gmail
    4. Google Maps

Any replies are greatly appreciated!
    08-16-09 01:57 PM
    I'm having the same issue with the 8330. I have searched for an answer, but haven't found one yet. I hope someone with some knowledge responds to this. I also have gmail, google maps, facebook and twitter.
    08-16-09 03:15 PM
    The double arrow always appears when you make a call, and stays on for the duration of the call indicating you are connected.

I doubt this is data, it wouldn't be able to interrupt anything while the phone is active. I suspect some other problem, either weak signal/poor service or something physically wrong with the BlackBerry itself.
    08-16-09 06:03 PM
    UPDATE: It does seem I was mistaken about my previous theory;I turned off data under the mobile network optiom and the problem still persists. I think I'll have to go exchange it, although I have no idea how the ear piece broke since I haven't dropped it once
    08-16-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD