howdy all,

I just got a blackberry curve 8330 and I know now why they call them crackberrys haha. I have just two things that bother me. I was wondering if anyone knew how to set it to when someone sent me a text their custom ringtone would play and when they call me their ID comes up. If anyone has an answer I would really appreciate it.

RumMajor
    08-11-09 02:43 PM
    For custom text tones, you click the sound icon, scroll down and click Advanced.

Now you'll create a new profile, which you'll name for your contact. You will set default ringtone, SMS, MMS and Level 1 as the tone you desire and save.

Next you'll make a profile exception, also named for the contact. You'll base it on the custom profile you made above. You will check the box for a custom ringtone and set it as the tone you set in the profile and then save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 03:04 PM
    I take a pic of my contact, save it on the phone, then set it for their Caller ID pic (the BB will have you crop & save it for the correct size)...shows up when the phone rings along with their name & number.
    08-11-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD