08-18-09 03:53 PM
27 12
tools
    I currently have a iPhone and am not enjoying it... I am looking to change to a bb in the comng weeks... I am trying to decide between these two phones... Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
    Tay Jones
    07-03-09 06:39 PM
    Search is your friend. This has been asked and answered many MANY times. You can start with my signature.
    07-03-09 06:42 PM
    Bold = 3G. Curve 8900 = better camera, better size, better screen, less peroblematic, sleeker design

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 07:21 PM
    I like the 8900 over bold as well but the bold does have a better keyboard too on top with the 3G IMO.
    07-03-09 07:39 PM
    the bold has better speakers,has 3G, better keyboard, bigger screen,almost no problems whatsoever with the os, its quit stable.

the javlin better camera, smaller size and keyboard, smaller screen with more RES, has no 3G, os quite stable on it as well.
    07-03-09 08:05 PM
    bold is nice also but is not as sexy as the 8900 I would love to have 3G in my berry but tmobile doesn't have a 3g berry yet. Besides that, I will stick with my 8900. Btw, why are u switching devices? You don't like the iphone?
    07-03-09 08:11 PM
    All boils down to your specific needs and personal preferences. The outlines above are very good on each of the models, but another good test is to put them into your hands and see how they feel to you.

07-03-09 08:17 PM
    Ah man...

honestly both 8900 and bold are great phones, just don't expect the
    browsing experience on 8900 or bold to be at the iphone standard.
    One thing is for sure, you will enjoy messaging on social networks on
    the best messaging QWERTY keyboard.

Happy hunting!
    07-03-09 10:48 PM
    The iPhone is alright but my school email is windows live and the iPhone doesn't support it... I have it but it does not alert me when I get a new email... So it is pretty pointless... Plus I am not a fan of the size... It's a little bit to big ... Therefor I am leaning twords the 8900... So it doesn't have 3g...what does that mean? Slower data slower Internet?
    07-03-09 10:54 PM
    Yeah slower data speeds but do a coverage check in
    your area first. Sometimes it all depends on the
    network.

I have both the bold and 8900. Kb is great on the
    Bold , speaker hands down the best.
    If your looking for portability, better camera, go for
    the 8900.

07-04-09 05:51 PM
    how many times r we gonna see this thread!!!

u dont even need to search, just scroll down the page!!
    07-04-09 05:58 PM
    Absoulutely right!
    08-18-09 01:59 AM
    the bold has better speakers,has 3G, better keyboard, bigger screen,almost no problems whatsoever with the os, its quit stable.

the javlin better camera, smaller size and keyboard, smaller screen with more RES, has no 3G, os quite stable on it as well.

08-18-09 02:26 AM
    Um yeah don't say anything if you don't know your talking about the javelin screen is bigger than the bold so .....yeah....DUCES

08-18-09 02:27 AM
    you post here...
    so my answer is: 8900
    08-18-09 03:14 AM
    8900!! haha nah I love them both me and my friend only just got obbsessed with BBerrys, I ordered the 8900 last week (using it now =D) and she's getting the bold for a bit of difference, but I <3 my 8900
    08-18-09 05:43 AM
    8900! i dont need 3G but if u do there's always that opera mini
    08-18-09 08:26 AM
    I say 8900, the bold is just a little too bulky. But hey, I wouldn't be complaining if I had one. Lol.
    08-18-09 09:46 AM
    Definately 8900....
    08-18-09 10:13 AM
    Um yeah don't say anything if you don't know your talking about the javelin screen is bigger than the bold so .....yeah....DUCES

You were better off not posting this. Not only were you trying to be condescending (and failed) but you were also wrong at the same time. The 8900 screen is smaller than the Bold's but has a higher resolution. I suggest you take your own advice next time.
    08-18-09 10:16 AM

How about you don't say anything before you get your facts straight? Oh, and it is spelled "DEUCES" as in deuce where you need to successive points in tennis to win the match.
    08-18-09 11:11 AM
    Ask the question in the 8900 forum, you'll get the answer that the 8900 is better, ask the question in the BOLD forum, and they'll try to convince you the BOLD is better. Best thing, pick up both, and see which one feels better for YOU!
    08-18-09 02:20 PM
    Ask the question in the 8900 forum, you'll get the answer that the 8900 is better, ask the question in the BOLD forum, and they'll try to convince you the BOLD is better. Best thing, pick up both, and see which one feels better for YOU!
    Exactly. This is the same thing that I tell everyone as well. Regardless that I chose the 8900, I do know that both are great devices and each caters to different users.
    08-18-09 02:25 PM
    8900 all the way!!!
    08-18-09 03:16 PM
    Quoting myself since I can't be bothered to type this out again.

You're going to get a biased answer here, as you would if you placed your question in the Bold forum.

It's really whether you need 3G. Ask these questions to yourself.

1. Do you tether with your device?
    2. Have you ever been in situations where you needed or would have liked to use SMS/e-mail/browsing/anything that uses data while in the middle of the call?
    3. Would you like better call quality than your current device offers?

If you've answered no to 2 of the 3 questions, then the 8900 will be fine for you. Other things to keep in mind is that the Bold has a better keyboard. By how much depends on how much you like each keyboard. Try it out in-store. But you have a larger device if you use the Bold. Try out the Bold and 8900 and feel them in your hand to see if you would have a problem with the Bold's size. The 8900 has twice the RAM or memory of the Bold and a better camera. Plus the 8900 is the smallest full QWERTY BlackBerry. As for Wi-Fi making up the lack of 3G on the 8900, keep in mind that BlackBerrys are particularly fickle about Wi-Fi from my experiences. 90% of the time, I can't connect to public or open Wi-Fi while my iPod touch connects just fine. I prefer the Bold but that's because I tether and you really notice the speed difference between 3G and EDGE when tethering.
    08-18-09 03:40 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD