I have a Tour at the moment. I bought it used, so a warranty replacement will run me $50. I'm considering trying to sell it for around $200 and getting a Cuve2 8530 through VZW with a one year contract for $170 (I think that's it anyways).

What are the pros and cons of each device? The larger screen on the Tour is NICE, but the trackpad on the 8530 would be a welcome addition to get rid of this **** poor trackball.

What say you?
    11-25-09 05:15 PM
    the tour is a waaay better phone spec-wise and looks-wise(my name is mac mall and this is my opinion). you can go to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com and compare the phones if you like.
    11-25-09 05:21 PM
    It took me 45 minutes in the store after a nights worth of research to decide on the tour over the curve 2. Coming from my own perspective, the tour is a much better phone over all. The specs on it are great, and my trackball has zero problems even in the dusty dirty places I work. I'd have to say use the warranty for 50 and get a new phone. Purely my own personal opinion. If styling is more of your thing over functionality than the curve2 may be for you.
    11-25-09 05:38 PM
    What functionality is the Curve lacking?

The only negatives that I'm aware of are the camera and screen. Is there more?
    11-25-09 05:51 PM
    Just left verizon bc I wanted to have some hands on experience with the new curve, storm, droid, and the rest of the new toys. After playinG with the curve for a while I realized that it is an upgrade for the 8330, but not in the same league as the tour. The screen resolution was probably the biggest problem,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 06:28 PM
    So I'm gathering that there's nothing that's a major difference aside from the camera and screen size. Is that the general consensus?
    11-25-09 08:30 PM
    Its the resolution of the screen, not the size, just not as high quality as the tour

11-25-09 08:41 PM
    Yeah, as far as the "specs" go the tour and the 8530 are basically the same, screen res is different, trackpad vs trackball and the camera difference but the RAM and processor speed are the same, the curve will support a 32GB sdcard, but I guess the tour will too, the main difference now that I've had my hands on the new curve comes in the apparent quality of the hardware (keyboard and other keys) offered for each device, the 8530 just feels like a lesser device under the scrutiny of my fingers, if your main concern is the trackball, make vzw replace it as many times as you have to until they drop the 9650, it'll have a trackpad and wifi and an official version of OS 5.0.0.xxx and if we keep our fingers crossed and make sacrifices to the various RIM gods, it'll have memory and processor upgrades too... But the rumor mill is generating rumors of Q1 or Q2 2010 for the Tour 2 9650 to drop @ vzw...

11-25-09 10:01 PM
    Uvaj06 hit the nail on the head, good advice!

11-25-09 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD