saying that there is not enough
    power in the USB to charge
    the thing.

is there a way to fix this?

thanks!
    09-19-08 11:07 AM
    Does it charge via wall charger?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mjsilveira; 09-19-08 at 11:15 AM.
    09-19-08 11:13 AM
    I just install the desktop manager from blackberry on my pc and it resolves the problem, no longer gives the not enough power message.

Hope this helps
    09-19-08 11:14 AM
    BArrery chatging is best done using the original BlackBerry wall charger. This (do a forum search) gives the fastest charging and longest battery life.

USB charging of Blackberrys mostly works but the BlackBerry draws power to very close to the USB limit that some PCs complain whilst others work fine.
    09-19-08 11:20 AM
    I believe this issue is related to the USB Power Management options on your computer. There's a power saving option for most USB controllers. When the power saver mode is selected the USB ports are not fully powered so when you try to charge a device via USB there might be insufficient power to charge the device.

Long story short disable (uncheck) any power saving mode options. Sometimes installing BB Desktop Manager will address this issue for you.

USB Resources

PC Troubleshooting: Solve USB Power Problems by McGraw-Hill: Yahoo! Tech
    09-19-08 11:23 AM
    I believe this issue is related to the USB Power Management options on your computer. There's a power saving option for most USB controllers. When the power saver mode is selected the USB ports are not fully powered so when you try to charge a device via USB there might be insufficient power to charge the device.

Long story short disable (uncheck) any power saving mode options. Sometimes installing BB Desktop Manager will address this issue for you.

USB Resources

PC Troubleshooting: Solve USB Power Problems by McGraw-Hill: Yahoo! Tech
    For sure some of these things can help. RIM has and article about just this http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20183996998. They say it resolves the problem.
    09-19-08 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD