03-01-09 09:36 AM
45 12
tools
    Pretty awesome story, but I have to agree. Screen shots or it didn't happen.
    02-28-09 03:17 AM
    Ha, that would be pretty hard to produce at this point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 03:42 AM
    why would you even have such a valuable piece of technology near a pool anyway? being a lifeguard and all, you might have to jump in at a moment's notice, forget about your BB and drowning your phone anyway. it doesn't make much sense now does it.
    02-28-09 04:27 AM
    Doesn't a picture of the phone and the circle that should now be red just be posted? I'm not sure if the blackberries have it, but on my motorola I dropped it in my dogs dish for and grabbed it super fast and it still fried....so I dunno..but i do know if any water got in the circle should be red..or half red..
    02-28-09 04:32 AM
    Well I am definitely not making the story up, but I cannot produce photographic evidence of the actual event.
    Shame there was no CCTV. Your face as you watched the phone... priceless.
    02-28-09 05:09 AM
    Good for you bud.

Just curious, being a lifeguard, who should be great at swimming and diving, how could you have missed grabbing the phone under water and needed to come back up for air before you actually got it? Its only 7 feet. Were your eyes closed while diving for it? Hehe.

02-28-09 05:10 AM
    I don't know how the weather is were you are, but here in Puerto Rico it's almost always warm, so one of my customers took his submerged phone, removed the battery, and left it the whole day in his car with the hopes that the heat would evaporate the water still in the phone.

Well, so far so good! It's been a couple of months and it's still working.
    02-28-09 08:19 AM
    There is a thing on the battery and the phone that have turned red from being in the water, I will take pics and post them. As for why I had my phone on me is that during the winter there's pretty much noone in the pool accept lapswimmers, I usually don't have it on me but this day was particularly boring and there was one guy in the pool. We are definitely not supposed to have our phones on us but my boss wasn't there. I was getting off the stand because my coworker was coming to get me down when I leaned over I kind of just threw it in the water (sounds really stupid I know). As for not getting it the first time it's pretty hard to see a little blackberry at the bottom of a pool with no goggles on.
    02-28-09 12:23 PM
    My sister once dropped a regular old phone in the toilet years ago and pretty much wrote off trying to use it again so she tossed it in a box and bought a new one. A few months later I dropped my phone in the toilet and it wouldnt work at all cause it fell out of my pocket mid flush and got trapped in the pipe for hours until my dad removed te toilet and pressured it back out the bowl with a hose. lol

Anyways, the phone my sister dropped in the toilet after that few months it worked FINE after that. For a long time we used that phone after it had rested and dried out for months in a box. So you might be fine! Let us know!
    02-28-09 01:22 PM
    Two phones. One family. One toilet..so many questions...LOL

02-28-09 02:03 PM
    See! I knew the Curve was like a Timex.

I am glad it is still working for you. Like the others said, I would back up all your stuff just in case. It might not hurt to take the battery out and place the phone in a ziploc bag of rice atleast overnight tonight either. You can never be too sure...

Uhh would that be minute rice or uncle bens?

02-28-09 04:46 PM
    I'd recommend "Instant Success".
    02-28-09 05:07 PM
    I had my curve for only about a week. I placed my coat in the back seat with my BB in the pocket. In the back side of my center console is cup holders for those sitting in the 2nd row seats. As I grabbed my BB my elbow hit & as that happened I watched my BB drop into a Mickie D's cup of melted ice, now old water. It was about 2" at the bottom just enough for my BB to get wet up to the second rows of keys. Just as it hit bottom I was already pulling it out.

I shook it, blew on it for quite a while. That was a month ago & I haven't "yet" experienced any problems. Good things do happen & I hope the OP has luck going on his side!
    02-28-09 05:17 PM
    That's Great!

The same thing happend to me with my iPod. I had the same slow motion experience as you, that's so funny you mentioned that. Like "Jazzi" mentioned I did notice that the water inside my iPod took about a week to fully evaporate. So even though it works well now, there still may be water in your Curve. It may be a good idea to follow their advice and put in a bag of rice..I guess. I never heard that before, but it sounds valid.

I hope your Curve is perfectly fine for good:-)
    02-28-09 05:18 PM
    Battery

Phone

Lifeguard Stand

Dryer

Self Explanatory
    02-28-09 07:58 PM
    sorry for huge pics didnt feel like resizing.
    02-28-09 07:59 PM
    Hey nice pool! It looks like your BB definitely broke the rules. It definitely says, "No Diving". Great photos of a very dramatic moment for your BB. Your BB definitely owes you for saving its life. - Others can benefit from knowing it's not necessarily fatal if a BB sees a little water...
    02-28-09 08:35 PM
    If the red hasnt shown up on the humidity sensor then sell it LOL.
    buy a new one and tADA fk the other peopl LOL!!!

I would totaly do that
    03-01-09 01:36 AM
    LOL!!!! This is getting soooo funny with the pictures... I'm expecting Jessica Fletcher to turn up asking questions any minute....... "Where were you on the night that the Berry took a dive in the deep end??" !!!!! lmao

Hope it keeps working for you!!
    03-01-09 04:27 AM
    I would totaly do that
    And are we to understand that this is a source of some pride to you?
    03-01-09 09:36 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD