Is there any way to make my curve stay on when plugged in? I tried the Storm and liked the fact that it would stay on with a clock but I am not sure how to do this with a curve.

Also, is there a new OS for the curve and if so how do I flash mine to a higher one. I currently have 4.5.0.77

Thanks
    08-06-09 12:02 PM
    I'm not sure what exactly u mean by staying on when pluged in. Mine has never been off when plugged in. There are a few os higher than .77. There is .131, .160, and hybrids as well. I am running ahybrid myself. Check out the beta/hybrid os forum if u want to go that route. If u just want a regular os then check out the stickies at the top of this forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 12:25 PM
    Nope. No way to do it nativly. The screen times out. The maximum time you can set it for is 2 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 01:00 PM
    So when on the Storm or Tour you turn on the desk clock and it stays on when plugged in that can not be done with the Curve?
    08-06-09 02:48 PM
    I've been looking for the same thing...haven't found it yet.
    08-06-09 02:55 PM
    So when on the Storm or Tour you turn on the desk clock and it stays on when plugged in that can not be done with the Curve?
    No, the Curve does not have this feature since it has OS 4.5.
    08-06-09 03:24 PM
    No, the Curve does not have this feature since it has OS 4.5.
    Can an application over ride the operating system? It seems this would be a great opportunity for some bright programmer.

I would like to see the back light to stay on when my Curve is in the BB cradle AND have a time/date screen saver pop up.

This doesn't seem to be an unreasonable desire since my Palm OS devices and my Windows Mobile devices have done this for years.
    08-14-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD