Hi everyone!

I have a Blackberry Curve 8320. Yesterday night, the "battery too low for radio use" sign appeared. I plugged it in for about an hour but the sign would not disappear so I did a battery pull. Radio turned back on, but now the phone will not charge. The lightning icon still shows up by the battery but it is stuck at 5%. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    05-24-10 10:59 AM
    i have a 8300 I let get too low and it wouldn't do anything when I tried charging it.
    i messed with it for about an hour and gave up. When I came back to it a couple hours later it was charging. So try leaving it plugged in over night and hope for the best.
    05-24-10 11:17 AM
    I've seen problems like that on various Curves. Try pulling the usb plug out of the BB slightly. Maybe the contacts are worn on your charging cable or BB.
    05-24-10 11:48 AM
    My 8320 the only way it will charge is on the usb from the computer. The wall chargers don't work. Something to do with the connection.
    05-24-10 12:04 PM
    How old is your battery? I had to replace the batteries for our 8300s after 2+ years. They have a limited lifespan, and I would venture to say that a good number of 83xx owners should be needing to replace their batteries pretty soon.
    05-24-10 12:31 PM
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Unfortunately, the phone still isn't charging. I've left it plugged in for the entire say, tried USB and different wall chargers, reboot, etc. The battery is a little less than 2 years old. It was working PERFECTLY until today. Any other suggestions?
    05-24-10 11:22 PM
    Buy a charging dock. Curves are known to break at the usb port from over use. Use the port only if u need to update/backup using DM. Do a search. Many with problem like yours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 06:20 AM
    True, that does happen. The fact that you do get the lightening bolt "charging" icon seems to indicate that the port is working, but it may be fried. Try a dock and/or another charging cable.

05-25-10 06:58 AM
    Also try another outlet. They are pretty particular about good contact.

05-26-10 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD