Which one is better?
    11-17-08 03:36 PM
    This actually depends on what you plan to use it for. I rock a curve myself but if you do not care to have a full qwerty and want a smaller phone go for the pearl. If you are going to be doing a lot of emailing or texting go for the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 04:14 PM
    I personally have not been able to work a phone properly unless it has a qwerty keypad on it. I've had 2 curves and now going back to the curve again and I love them. I know someone with a pearl and I just cant grasp the concept of 2 letters on each key it's so weird!
    11-17-08 04:20 PM
    I've had both and I prefer the curve. It's nice having a full keyboard especially when browsing the web.
    11-17-08 04:34 PM
    Go for the Curve...
    11-17-08 04:36 PM
    i like the qwerty on the curve much much better than sure type.
    11-17-08 04:36 PM
    I absolutely loved SureType and got very proficient with it. But know that I've experienced the Curve and now the Bold, I can't imagine going back to SureType. Curve. Go for it!
    11-17-08 04:47 PM
    Yeah I've had QWERTY keyboard phones for the past 2 years and I don't think I could get along without them. Needless to say I have a Curve and I am about to get a Bold so go with the Curve over the Pearl.

11-17-08 05:00 PM
    I got to play with a Pearl over the weekend and I started to get the hang of suretype, but I still like the curve better. As far as operating them, they're very much alike and any of us should be able to move between the two easily. Speaking of which, I like the Curve's keypad better than the Bold's as well. My thumbs kept slipping off the Bold's keys. I wonder what the Storm will be like with the tactile screen.

11-17-08 05:09 PM
    I first had the Pearl for 7 months, but I didn't like it at all. I then bought a Curve and I love it!!
    11-17-08 05:11 PM
    I absolutely loved SureType and got very proficient with it. But know that I've experienced the Curve and now the Bold, I can't imagine going back to SureType. Curve. Go for it!
    11-17-08 05:16 PM
    I've heard quite a few people switch from the pearl to the curve. And I prefer the curve.

11-17-08 06:04 PM
    If u ask this question on the blackberry curve forum, the answers are bound to be curve. So another vote for the curve is what I'm trying to say.

11-17-08 06:43 PM
    The Pearl is a great phone. I had one for over a year but I prefer the Curve. It's a better built phone besides having the full keyboard.
    11-17-08 06:51 PM
    Then here's a vote for both. During the week I use my Curve; Pearl on the wknds. They're both terrific phones & other than one having SureType & the other QWERTY, they're very much alike.

You'll find many forum members around here that do use both.
    11-17-08 06:59 PM
    Another for both. I like the Curve for the GPS and bigger screen
    but I truly dislike the keyboard. For those times when I have a lot
    of typing (emails, messaging, etc) I swap out the SIM and go with the Pearl.
    SureType just works better for me and IMO the k/board is laid out much
    better.

Try seeing if you can try them both out and see which suits you better.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-17-08 at 07:07 PM.
    11-17-08 07:05 PM
    i prefer the curve, but go to an at&t store and use both, type some emails or SMS on each. i have tried the pearl and i jsut cant deal with it
    11-17-08 07:28 PM
    The Pearl is a great phone. I had one for over a year but I prefer the Curve. It's a better built phone besides having the full keyboard.
    My feelings and experience exactly. The Pearl was great but I fell in love with the Curve as soon as I switched.
    11-17-08 09:46 PM
    I have a Curve and have zero interest in the pearl due to the keyboard.

My wife got a pearl because her friend had one and we just got a curve to replace it because she didn't like the keyboard either.

So try the keyboard on the Pearl before you buy it.
    11-18-08 12:30 AM
    Curve! Bigger screen is so worth it alone

11-18-08 03:33 AM
    I was considering the Bold, Pearl or the Pearl Flip. I ended up getting the Flip for these reasons:

- First and most important for me was that I could type with or with out my gloves on. The Pearl Flip won hands down for me.

- Got tired of having to unlock the keyboard everytime I used it because if I didn't lock it. The phone would be calling people on it's own when it's in my pocket or I'd have to go back and DEL a bunch of unwanted characters that typed on it's own while in my pocket. At least this is what I experienced on my other non-flip phones in the past
    The Flip won on this one.

- That said, I also wanted something small enought to put into any size pocket an not worry about it. A tie between the Flip and Pearl.

- But..... the screen is bigger on the Flip so the Flip won hands down.

As for the SureType... at first it was weird using it and went the multitap mode but switched back to SureType and like I told my wife is don't look at the words that are highlighted blue on the screen, just type the words you want and the software will figure out the rest and she was amazed by the SureType.

Those where my reasons for getting the Pearl Flip and if it hadn't been for those reasons I would have gotten a Bold instead.
    11-18-08 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD