I have the 8330, and when someone calls, it only shows the phone number, even though the number is in my address book. But when I look in my call log, it shows the correct name.

I thought it might be a device problem, so I had Verizon switch it out, and then when I restored my data to the new one, it has the same problem. Is there a feature I changed somewhere that would cause this?
    08-05-09 10:06 AM
    Not sure on this one. Do you have the names store with the area code plus the number?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:14 PM
    Yes, I do. And the name shows up just fine when I look in my call log after the call.
    08-05-09 03:29 PM
    iknow it sounds crazy but how big is your font? if its huge maybe the phone only has enough room to show the #, not the # and name...just an idea
    08-05-09 05:12 PM
    That is actually a pretty clever thought...I could see how that might cause issues. But I'm still set at the default of 9.
    08-06-09 12:05 PM
    Do you use hyphens (sp) you know - - between the numbers? Try it with and without. wild guess here. I have heard of problem before but it was as the previous poster stated that the full number was not in the address book.
    08-06-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD