Hey guys, help me out here...

I bought a 2GB Sandisk, put it into my Curve. Everything worked out fine. Earlier I put the card into my computer, loaded some pix onto the card. I didnt use the BB Desktop Manager, just my comp. After I loaded the pix, I put it back into the phone, buuuut, guess what? Now the damn phone says it's not formatted, and it wont recognize the card.

What gives man?
    04-13-09 12:39 AM
    Try battery pull, if still this doesn't help you then try formatting the card on pc first and then formatting on your device before reloading the pictures back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 12:50 AM
    I put it back in the computer, keeps saying I need to format it.

Now, it gets 3/4th of the way done formatting on the my computer, always says Windows was unable to complete the format.

And I KNOW the card isnt bad. It was working fine before I put it in the adapter and put it into my computer. Loaded the pix onto the card then put the card back in the BB.

Is it not seating right or something? Now, my computer wont even read the card...
    04-13-09 12:53 AM
    bUMPPPPP :-D
    04-13-09 01:29 AM
    This is the reason why I refuse to ever use Sandisk cards ever again in life. They ALWAYS seem to work just fine until (Curve) you put them into something else (Computer).

I've had more than one Sandisk fail me by doing this exact same thing.
    04-13-09 03:33 AM
    Sooo....
    The other day I went to start my car but the battery was fried. Seems not even jumping it helped. So I bought a new battery and now all is well.... or is it? By the OP's logic there's no way it could've been my battery. I mean it was fine before.
    Things break dude.
    Especially cheap, mass-produced crap like that.
    No, seriously, I heard that running a wire brush over the connections helps a lot. Seriously, I heard that. But that might have been about the car battery...
    04-13-09 06:31 AM
    can anyone recommened a good card then? I have a sandisk 2gb that won't work, and I am going to order another one, but I want a card that is not going to be a complete piece of crap!@!
    04-13-09 07:15 AM
    can anyone recommened a good card then? I have a sandisk 2gb that won't work, and I am going to order another one, but I want a card that is not going to be a complete piece of crap!@!
    Since sandisk didn't work try another brand and see how it goes.
    04-13-09 08:51 AM
    Why don't you just plug your phone into your computer and turn on mass storage? That way you don't have to pull the battery out. I have never had a problem with my microSD card and I've had it in 3 different kinds of phones. When you were trying to put pictures on your card were you going through BlackBerry>Pictures>and then putting them in there or were you just dragging and dropping them into the card without opening the Blackberry folder.
    04-13-09 11:12 AM
    That's Weird
    04-13-09 11:28 AM
    Why don't you just plug your phone into your computer and turn on mass storage? That way you don't have to pull the battery out. I have never had a problem with my microSD card and I've had it in 3 different kinds of phones. When you were trying to put pictures on your card were you going through BlackBerry>Pictures>and then putting them in there or were you just dragging and dropping them into the card without opening the Blackberry folder.
    I wasnt using the Blackberry Desktop, just dragging and dropping.

I know in the past I've bought 2 or 3 other Sandisk cards, they all did the same thing, something I must be doing is wrong. The metal clasp to hold the card in only slides in on one side for me, never both sides.
    04-13-09 03:04 PM
    You can drag and drop no problem without using DM. Just make sure that you are putting pictures in the picture folder, ringtones in the ringtone folder, etc. That way your phone can find them otherwise your phone will treat those files as just files stored on it. I keep quite a few computer programs stored on my microSD card for when I go work on peoples computers so I don't have to take a CD.
    04-13-09 03:09 PM
    You can drag and drop no problem without using DM. Just make sure that you are putting pictures in the picture folder, ringtones in the ringtone folder, etc. That way your phone can find them otherwise your phone will treat those files as just files stored on it. I keep quite a few computer programs stored on my microSD card for when I go work on peoples computers so I don't have to take a CD.
    I did just that man, then when I put the card back in the phone, wouldnt work. Kept saying I had to format it, never said it before...
    04-13-09 03:10 PM
    Did you tell your computer to stop using the hardware (scandisk card) befor you pulled it from your computer? I have not had a problem at all with any scandisk card and I'm doing fine with my 8GB.

04-13-09 07:51 PM
    Did you tell your computer to stop using the hardware (scandisk card) befor you pulled it from your computer? I have not had a problem at all with any scandisk card and I'm doing fine with my 8GB.

Yea, this can kill a card too~ not properly removing it from system. Good call PGrinch.
    04-13-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD